I have a Verizon 9530 went from .148 to lyricidals 5.0 hybrid then to OneOfAKinds 5.0 Hybrid. During install I realized I had an older ver. of the hybrid so I canceled the install, thinking it would reverse the process of install but instead it just went blanki and gave me the app error 205 white screen. I've never bricked a phone before, so I tried the 101 Lecture on how to revive it. I followed all the steps to out the original ver. .148 on it but keep getting a fatal error and it won't load.
    06-09-09 07:11 PM
    I have a Verizon 9530 went from .148 to lyricidals 5.0 hybrid then to OneOfAKinds 5.0 Hybrid. During install I realized I had an older ver. of the hybrid so I canceled the install, thinking it would reverse the process of install but instead it just went blanki and gave me the app error 205 white screen. I've never bricked a phone before, so I tried the 101 Lecture on how to revive it. I followed all the steps to out the original ver. .148 on it but keep getting a fatal error and it won't load.
    You have used JL Commander to wipe the phone again?
    06-09-09 07:13 PM
    I did use JL Cmdr to wipe it but it just sat there and never did anything. I let it sit for 5 min. maybe that wasn't long enough, not sure. Then I tried doing reset to factory, that went through the process but still the same 205 error. It's got to be something stupid I'm doing here.
    06-09-09 07:17 PM
    how long does JL Cmdr take to go through the process?
    06-09-09 07:21 PM
    I just hopped over tho the JL Cmdr forum and I see that it says 15-30 minutes I'm going to try again
    06-09-09 07:25 PM
    how long does JL Cmdr take to go through the process?
    It is usually a quick process. 3-5 mins normally for me. You have to have the blackberry device manager running when you start the program though. (Don't confuse the device manager with the desktop manager.) I would reboot the PC as well if it is giving you a hard time.
    06-09-09 07:30 PM
    It is usually a quick process. 3-5 mins normally for me. You have to have the blackberry device manager running when you start the program though. (Don't confuse the device manager with the desktop manager.) I would reboot the PC as well if it is giving you a hard time.
    I rebooted, and running JL Cmder again but I'm on 15 minutes now and it's still trying to connect to the phone. I really screwed up this time. I updated DM just to make sure its good but it doesn't even recognize the phone. If I try to do a restore it's not even highlighted. When I run app-loader it still gives me this code: A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.
    A fatal error has occurred.
    Device communications error encountered. [A:0x00000025]
    I' hoping someone has encountered this before.
    06-09-09 09:15 PM
    I rebooted, and running JL Cmder again but I'm on 15 minutes now and it's still trying to connect to the phone. I really screwed up this time. I updated DM just to make sure its good but it doesn't even recognize the phone. If I try to do a restore it's not even highlighted. When I run app-loader it still gives me this code: A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.
    A fatal error has occurred.
    Device communications error encountered. [A:0x00000025]
    I' hoping someone has encountered this before.
    Sounds like a driver issue with windows. Do you have another machine you can try it on?
    06-09-09 09:33 PM
    I suggest trying the 101 suggestions again. some people have indicated it takes 5 or 6 tries to get it to work:

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

Or try the no jvm option explained here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/in...source-213706/
    06-09-09 09:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD