Hi all! I'm brand new to this site so if people have asked this numerous times forgive me. I received the storm for Christmas and noticed (as did others) that it's pretty slow. I've read about updates available in early december. However, I don't know how to get them. I have a macbook and it doesn't seem to let me download the desktop manager. Can someone walk me through how to do it "over the air" or whatever my other options are? Thanks in advance!!

Sincerely,
    New Guy
    12-27-08 01:28 AM
    What version are you currently running. .75 is the current official update and another is on the way. If you have .75 you can wait for the OTA (over the Air) update. If you MAC is running Parrall or bootcamp with windows you can go up to the .85 thread and get the info and load it from there. If you new to the blackberry i would probably just wait for the OTA. Rumors are it will be out in a week or two.
    12-27-08 01:32 AM
    When i go to Options --> About - it says that is is v4.7.0.65 which is the original if I'm not mistaken. I just activated it yesterday but it was purchased about a month ago. How do I do an over the air update? Can I do the v.75 if it's already "aired" or do I have to wait for a new one?
    12-27-08 01:37 AM
    You need to go in Options/About and figure out which os your storm has. Its the third line down - v4.7.0.something. Verizons official current os is .75 so if you have it youre good until they release another update. You can also dl unofficial os updates but thats at your own risk and can bring a whole bunch of issues you may not want to deal with.

You should also learn how to use the search engine here before posting. Theres tons of info there and almost any question you may have can be thoroughly answered
    12-27-08 01:39 AM
    thanks Driftwood. I'll checkout the search engine now. BTW, it says I still have .65. Boooo
    12-27-08 01:41 AM
    Since your on .65 Go read up on the below link it will help you get upgraded.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/hel...issing-103598/

Remember Search is your friend
    12-27-08 01:44 AM
    Thats why its so slow. Check your advanced options for the wireless upgrade option because its the easiest and then just repost and somebody will help you out
    12-27-08 01:44 AM
    So, it's trying to download v.75 but it keeps telling me that I don't have enough room for the 14 MB it requires. It seems to me that the 8 GB card would take care of this, especially since I haven't downloaded any apps and I only have about 10 contacts in it right now. Any suggestions? Thanks again for all of your help so far!
    12-27-08 02:10 AM
    What version are you currently running. .75 is the current official update and another is on the way. If you have .75 you can wait for the OTA (over the Air) update. If you MAC is running Parrall or bootcamp with windows you can go up to the .85 thread and get the info and load it from there. If you new to the blackberry i would probably just wait for the OTA. Rumors are it will be out in a week or two.
    So does this mean there's a new, official update for the Storm coming out soon? I would hope so, I'm new to it as well and would like to see the lag of the whole thing dealt with. Thanks!
    12-27-08 02:16 AM
    im surprised your new storm has 65 on it. verizons pretty lame sometimes. you can check your current app memory at any time thorugh options/memory. youll see app memory halfway down. for most users the average seems to be anywhere between 15 or 20 up to 60. it needs 12 megs to run properly. what you want to do is pull the battery give it a sec and put it back in. this resets your berry. when it comes back on the memory will be higher and you should be able to upgrade. your os is actually on the device not the card
    12-27-08 02:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD