Nope definitely said brand new.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-08 05:08 PM
    That's not the point. I'm supposed to get a brand new phone. I took one look at it and knew that it was not brand new, so that's all the further I took it.
    I had the same thing happen to me. I talked with an agent that told me I would get a new phone and got a refurb today. Game them a call and they said just to bring it into the store to do the exchange as they are easier to get now.
    12-24-08 08:44 PM
    I just got a brand new device with all the trimmings in a retail box today at 5 oclock pm. I had a problem with the screen not clicking when I went to confirm the entry and it wouldn't let me confirm. This was generally around the center of the screen. Everything else clicked perfectly, so I thought. The new phone clicks perfect and what a difference!!

They did put the 150 on my acct, and It will be removed when I return it, so they say.

Anyway, I am very happy with the replacement and hope this is the end of my problem. Wow, what a difference, and to see what others are getting, it boggles my mind! Good luck to all..
    12-24-08 08:58 PM
    I had to order a replacement because of SIM card problems and a warped battery door. I ordered it from my corp. store and they assured me it would be new. I got a refurb. I called the same day and they promptly sent me a new one. BOTH phones came packaged the exact same way in the same boxes, with the same accessories, etc. The only difference was that the NEW one came with two VZ booklets with Storm, info. etc. I tried both phones out and the FRU one turned out to be the better model of the two. The images were much crisper and warmer even though the settings were identical. If I could just get the OS bugs worked out now, everything would be great.
    12-24-08 09:40 PM
    Question - When you guys order a replacement phone from a Verizon store are they making you pay for the 2nd phone?
    Yes they charged my account for another new phone until I returned my original. At that point I was credited back the same full amount.

BTW returning my original and getting a brand new replacement was amazing. I didn't even realize how terrible the 1st one was, until I was able to use the 2nd. Now I love the Storm. I was just about to go back to my WinMo piece o' c**p
    12-24-08 09:56 PM
    I am up here in Ontario, Canada and I have not experienced any issues with
    my phone after I did the frimware update to .76.

RyanB95 I would not eliminate the possibility that a company employee may have tampered with the package before shipping.
    If the phone had a sim card when you sent it in, it should still have one when you get it back.

I know there is a problem here with people making clones of legit sim cards
    so they can get free airtime.

If the original phone had a card when you sent the it in, watch your bill in the future.
    12-24-08 10:14 PM
    My replacement came today, in FULL retail packaging with the seal intact. Brand new. I'd be absolutely LIVID if they would have sent me that travesty. Wow....just wow.
    12-24-08 10:36 PM
    I completely agree with you, stupid mistake.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-08 10:45 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD