so i just got my first blackberry and i got a storm. my one problem is that i am trying to connect/sync to my mac and it doesnt work. i have installed the new drivers and it comes up with error: 1, skipping. i have no clue what to do with this. any hep would be great. thank you in advance.

Ryan
    01-13-09 09:53 PM
    I think you have to have pocket Mac. I'm not sure but from what ive seen on here it takes a bit to get a bb and a Mac to play nice. I could be wrong tho anyone else that can help.

Welcome to the addiction any way

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 10:00 PM
    I have a mac as well and wish I had better news, but syncing with a mac using pocketmac is spotty at best. You can access the memory card easily enough by turning on mass storage mode on the phone itself, but I have never been able to sync all the way through.

Until a new version of pocket mac, syncing is very difficult. You might try asking the same question in the mac section of crackberry, but unless you purchase missing sync, i'd say you have a bumpy road ahead.

There is a way to sync wirelessly using google, but I dont use it as I have a PC as well. I'm sure there is someone that can help. Good luck.
    01-13-09 10:04 PM
    Currently.....missing sync is the most functional of all the programs in terms of Music, Pictures, Address Book, and iCal. i have it, and i love it. Pocketmac is garbage. all us mac users are waiting for RIM to get off there asses and provide us with a decent native desktop manager for the mac. Sorry buddy.
    01-13-09 10:07 PM
    What about a product like VMware (pricey) or its Microsoft equivalent (cheap) for a MAC - a method to run Windows XP on your MAC is what I am trying to say.

Doctor Neutron
    01-13-09 10:24 PM
    I have no idea what say except check the Mac forums and welcome to CB.
    01-13-09 10:27 PM
    What about a product like VMware (pricey) or its Microsoft equivalent (cheap) for a MAC - a method to run Windows XP on your MAC is what I am trying to say.

Doctor Neutron
    you could run VMWare, Parallels, Bootcamp and the install a copy of windows on it, then install the Desktop Manager. Too much of a pain for me honestly. Plus it can be costly, The only thing i can't do with Missing Sync is update to new OS's by syncing, i have to wait for the OTA upgrades. i personally think its worth it to get missing sync.
    01-13-09 10:31 PM
    Wow, good info. I was going to get a Mac book but looks like I may be in for a tough time getting my BB to function well. I guess I can hold off on the purchase for now
    01-13-09 10:51 PM
    I have all my contacts and itunes on my storm from my mac (macbook air)

The pocketmac works, but it hangs and acts goofy. BUT---- even though it says it failed or whatever...my stuff is transfered.

One thing is dont do it all at once. Do your music, then your contacts etc... it really was no big deal. When/if it hangs just let it sit there and try for a few minutes and then unplug it anyway... ignore the gibberish and check your storm to see if it worked...

I have done it on all 5 of the storms I have had...

Just popped on a few more itunes tonite.... no problemo...
    01-13-09 11:43 PM
    Yeah you have to use pocketmac and make sure that your BB is mounted to your desktop

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 01:03 AM
    where do i get missing sync and how much is it
    01-14-09 07:08 PM
    Here is the link:

BlackBerry Sync Mac - Synchronize Blackberry to Mac contacts, calendars, notes, playlists and photos

It cost 39.95 for the download and I use it and have no problems.
    01-15-09 02:21 PM
    get a windows! i got a HP!
    01-15-09 02:23 PM
    Same thing happened to me at first. Be sure you restart your mac. I know it's not typically needed, but pocketmac magically started working after a quick reboot. Good luck!
    01-15-09 02:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD