i bought an unlocked used 9530 earlier today - waiting on TMO service books but all other features working (bbm, internet, sms etc) my email hasnt starting working due to TMO network issue but i am still recieving the previous owners yahoo emails - i already deleted the old owners service books and did a wipe before restoring my contacts ... any ideas?

Also , i am still seeing the circled plus sign icon with the signal ))) next to it underneath my EDGE network display .. is this normal?
    06-10-09 10:57 PM
    the circled plus sign is your gps. you can turn it off the save battery power by going into advanced options and setting the gps to e911 only.
    as for the email, try going into the email setup application in the setup folder and creating a new account. dont know much about unlocked phones so i cant really help you with the email one.
    06-10-09 11:34 PM
    Did a little searching in the forums:

Circle plus sign icon is your GPS indicator. I use a 9500 but I think that's what it means on the 9530. From what I've read, it seems that icon won't go away.

As for your email issue...a little more reading and I found these suggestions:

2. You might need to have the previous owner release his PIN from verizon...or take this device off his blackberry account.

3. Options-Advanced-Service Books and delete any entry that lists his email address. It will also delete the email icon associated with his account. I know you already did that but you could take another look to make sure.

Hope something works.
    Last edited by edward4u; 06-11-09 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Thank you for correcting me Civic...
    06-10-09 11:36 PM
    #1 above is INCORRECT.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-09 11:57 PM
    Have u tried deleting it in the email settings icon in the setup folder?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-09 01:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD