Is there any way to get rid of the bottom toolbar in the native web browser? It pops up when I touch the screen or load a new webpage...has "Go To, Column View, Cursor Mode, Zoom In, and Zoom Out" options. I NEVER use this toolbar and find it annoying that it's constantly popping up.
    09-18-09 12:49 PM
    Is there any way to get rid of the bottom toolbar in the native web browser? It pops up when I touch the screen or load a new webpage...has "Go To, Column View, Cursor Mode, Zoom In, and Zoom Out" options. I NEVER use this toolbar and find it annoying that it's constantly popping up.
    I don't think it can be done. I use that tool bar frequently because it keeps me from accidentally loading a link I don't want when I magnify the screen. Are you saying that you never magnify the screen?

I could be wrong, this is the first time I've seen this question.
    09-18-09 12:55 PM
    I just double tap the screen to magnify it. The only time I ever use that toolbar is to zoom back out, if I happen to magnify the screen too much. Other than that it's just annoying to constantly be tapping the screen to get the toolbar to disappear. Just nitpicking I guess, as these OS releases get better there is less and less substantial stuff to pick at...which is a great thing.
    09-18-09 01:03 PM
    there is no way to get rid of it for good.. but u can get rid of it on the current page u are on by lightly tapping screen one time...

kinda like how u can get rid and re-appear the track location/volume in your media player... one simple light click.. (like your double click to zoom)... also hitting backspace once (not hold) will zoom out, so u really never need the nasty little bar now

-murph
    09-18-09 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD