Okay I've searched, and tried all the tricks I know that have worked in the past and still nothing.

I just got a replacement phone and activated it. I've re-sent service books, I've tried to register my Host routing table, I've dialed *228 etc. Nothing has worked though, it's been about 5 hours now.

The phone is activated and works just fine for sms and phone calls. I just cant seem too get the data though. Is there anything else I should try, or should I just call up verizon?
    02-26-09 02:27 AM
    happen to get this resolved yet?
    02-26-09 02:59 AM
    Okay I've searched, and tried all the tricks I know that have worked in the past and still nothing.

I just got a replacement phone and activated it. I've re-sent service books, I've tried to register my Host routing table, I've dialed *228 etc. Nothing has worked though, it's been about 5 hours now.

The phone is activated and works just fine for sms and phone calls. I just cant seem too get the data though. Is there anything else I should try, or should I just call up verizon?
    This happens a lot. Each time I swap a phone its 50/50 whether I can get through it without calling my carrier. Call your carrier. Its something (I forget at this early our what its called- not referring to provisioning) that reassigns everything to your phone.

You would think resending service books and registering the HRT would be enough, but alas....such is not always the case.
    02-26-09 03:02 AM
    Hey dmg, did you happen to change your device pin in your bis account as well? :P

one oversight i had last time that i kicked myself for.
    02-26-09 03:09 AM
    I'd call 'em and see if you get lucky and the person actually knows how to fix your phone!

Can't hurt to try...
    02-26-09 03:32 AM

Bowser?
    02-26-09 03:43 AM
    ^^^ hahaha bowser.

I'd agree with what kokuryha was saying about checking your PIN.

another thing you can do is go into menu> options> advanced options> service books.... highlight IPPP for BIBS, bb> delete. do the same for "blackberry internet browsing service". once they're both deleted, bb> undelete. then back out to advanced options again and go into HRT, bb> register now.

if neither of those work, then I wouls suggest a wipe and reinstall of the OS...
    02-26-09 03:49 AM
    Wow I can't believe I over looked changing my pin lol. I feel like such an *****.

However this is bringing on a new problem. When I try to change my pin it tells me the pin isn't supported by this carrier.
    02-26-09 08:25 AM
    Just an update it seems the phone is still tied to some business. He is trying to contact the business now and see if they will release it or something like that.

He said if he can't get a hold of them he will have to ship out a new phone >=|. I hope the new phone is as nice as this refurbished one lol. I've had two new ones in the past and this is by far the best quality phone even though it's refurbished.
    02-26-09 08:59 AM
    damn, i had a viable solution and there was still another issue ;P
    02-26-09 09:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD