Okay so I'm over here in the U.S. from the U.K for a six month holiday to catch up with some old friends and do some bicycle touring.

Brought with me my sony ericsson c905 and my blackberry 9500 storm, both unlocked and both sim gsm phones.

The problem I have is that most of my buddies in the U.S. are on verizon? who apparently do not sell sims in the way they do in the U.K. I.E. a sim then top up say 10-15 pounds a month

Anyone else have any past experiences with this or are these phones bound for ebay?

I would prefer to keep them but if the main carrier has the area locked up then i need to reconsider thier use
    02-19-09 04:29 PM
    Don't think you're getting on Verizon with either of those phones. Did you try to purchase a SIM from AT&T (1st choice) or T-Mobile?
    02-19-09 04:43 PM
    apparently in the black hills verizon has it all sewn up with at&t stating they are not here yet, same with t mobile
    02-19-09 04:47 PM
    Verizon is a CDMA netowrk, so I doubt you'll find a SIM from them. They only offer SIMs on certain device for outside the country, like the Storm.
    02-19-09 06:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD