View Poll Results: Switch from 8900 to Storm, yes or no?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 55.56%
  • No

12 44.44%
    Should I or shouldn't I? That's the question.

I've had BB's since their inception ... never has a decision to try a new BB been as much of an apparent gamble as the Storm is, (lol).

The Curve 8310 was my old favorite phone. The Bold seemed a little large and I was intrigued by the iPhone so I went to that, iPhone is GREAT but not for email, BB wins there hands down ... so I added the Curve 8900 and data only plan to my iPhone plan.

Carrying two phones isn't convenient. I'm thinking on trying the Storm, I'd get an unlocked Telus Storm and use it on Rogers GSM network.

The idea would be I'd try and get my Storm to replace my iPhone and 8900. I like touchscreens and larger screens, but can I get past the faults of the Storm? I know it will only get better, but I'm not sure now is the time to jump in, lol.

What would you do?

Anyone out there who's used another BB or iPhone previous to their Storm and been happy with the move?
    Last edited by uniquest; 04-01-09 at 07:59 PM.
    04-01-09 07:55 PM
    DO NOT SWITCH !
    Wait untill the new Storm comes out...
    04-01-09 08:14 PM
    I've personally owned the iphone, bold, 8330, and storm and of those I'd say the bold was easily the best. I'll write more at home.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 08:39 PM
    I've personally owned the iphone, bold, 8330, and storm and of those I'd say the bold was easily the best. I'll write more at home.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks, look forward to it, would like to hear more ... I LOVE my iPhone, *except* for email. I've had BB's since the model 957 days that's and wanted a change, the iPhone's touch screen is great and I found the Bold a little big, heavy more than what I needed. I certainly type fast on the Bold as well as the 8900, but still so Storm curious
    04-01-09 08:45 PM
    I've owned each phone you've mentioned. I currently have:

Bold, 8900, Storm and iPhone 3g.

Between the 8900 and Storm (if you can get passed not having a physical keyboard, then the Storm is the way to go. I love my Storm. Will it get better? No one knows, but it's coming to as close as it's going to get with the Hybrid OSes out now.
    04-01-09 09:01 PM
    Thanks, Duvi! We have the same phones except the Storm ... sooner or later I part with one or two, tough decision though.

I like each phone for different reasons ... being a gadget addict the Storm intrigues me.

Of the 4 phones if you could only choose 1 which would you keep? What's the Top 2 in your opinion? I'm so pleased with my iPhone, (no Carrier problems here) but the messaging of the BB is hard to be without.
    04-01-09 09:28 PM
    ive been an iphone, curve, the pda winmo device owner and now a storm...i love it, i have .106 OS, about 7-8 apps installed and never drops below 34mb, of course u know how email is, the best, only thing is where im on ATT no 3G, i voted yes
    04-01-09 10:15 PM
    I'm going to go ahead and get the unlocked Telus Storm and use it on Rogers.

Some people here told me to wait for the Rogers 9520, but from what I've read it won't be soon or not at all.

So, if the guy has the unlocked Storm still for sale I'll give it a go!
    04-03-09 12:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD