I'm a newbie at this and hope somebody on this forum can help me out. My supplier has no answers.

My old Curve sync'd well with my built in in-car bluetooth setup and I could see in the info panel on the dashboard the list of names in the Address Book.

I have just upgraded to a Storm and instead of a list of names I have a list of 245 telephone numbers - a meaningless and unuseable jumble.

The car setup has no options to determine which field is visible. Is there any way to configure the Storm?

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by Bazzer; 01-06-09 at 06:20 AM.
    01-06-09 06:16 AM
    Hi, I spent time yesterday on the phone with RIM about a similar problem without a resolution and intend to pursue it with them.

My old 8830 worked fine with the Bluetooth setup in my 04 BMW. My current storm has 2 issues:
    1. Phonebook transfer results in 2 sets of entries - one with names (as it should be) and one with numbers (completely useless)
    2. Incoming calls are displayed with the phone number only on the car display. This may be related to the duplicate entries created with just numbers.

This seems like some missed compatability case in the Storm's Bluetooth code, but I'm having a hard time getting RIM's attention. They seem to treat Bluetooth issues as "if it's not on the compatability list we can't help you". As my last BB worked fine, I'm a bit frustrated with the Storm.

Anybody else have similar issues?
    01-06-09 06:29 AM
    My car stereo bluetooth (Pioneer) has 2 different issues.

1) The voice activation prompts don't come out over the speakers. This may be a unit problem that I will troubleshoot with Pioneer (as it happened this way with my Max and I just thought it was Motorola). It does make voice activated dialing useless as the only time I use it is while driving and I have to watch the phone to make sure it's calling the right person and to know when to say "yes" "Home" "Mobile" etc...

2) I can answer the phone just fine from the stereo when a call comes in. I CAN NOT answer a call from the stereo if I am on the phone... This worked fine with the Max so I am assuming it has something to do with the flash button that shows up when you are on a call... Not sure but again, I have to take the phone out of the holster and push a button...

I haven't tried syncing my Phonebook yet but I will and let you know how that is... Either way I am a little disapointed in the Hands Free capibilities of this phone... I expected it to be much better... Especially with all of the hands free laws that are comming down the pike...
    01-06-09 08:02 AM
    Hi was looking at the 2009 Honda Pilot this past weekend. When I went on line to look at their handsfree bluetooth system, they listed the Blackberrys that were compatible and the Storm is not on their list. Is the Storms bluetooth interaction system the same as say the Curve? Or shouldn't that matter? Just curious since this may explain part of the problem, ie, software issue.
    01-06-09 08:16 AM
    Is the Storms bluetooth interaction system the same as say the Curve? Or shouldn't that matter? Just curious since this may explain part of the problem, ie, software issue.
    I think you've highlighted the problem. The Curve syncs brilliantly on my Freelander2. The Storm can't weather it.
    01-06-09 08:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD