Is anyone else getting a pop up for Found New Hardware and it comes up as bluetooth peripheral device? How can I get rid of it? I've tried installing the drivers off the VZW CD that came with the Storm, but no help.
    Last edited by atang79; 12-20-08 at 11:26 PM.
    11-28-08 01:17 PM
    Is anyone else getting a pop up for Found New Hardware and it comes up as bluetooth peripheral device? How can I get rid of it? I've tried installing to he drivers off the VZW CD that came with the Storm, but no help.
    Try deleting the driver and restarting your system so it'll reload.
    11-28-08 01:19 PM
    Try deleting the driver and restarting your system so it'll reload.
    Nope...already tried that. On restart, it's right back there again.
    11-28-08 01:23 PM
    Well, sorry about that. I hope you get 'er figured out ...
    11-28-08 01:26 PM
    This one had me stumped for a bit also but found a solution by searching for the hardware ID to find out what we were actually missing.

So here is how I got mine fixed.
    Go into the device manager and find the device missing its driver and hit the update driver.

Tell it you want to pick the driver

It will give you a page of different types of hardware - Pick Ports

Go down the list and you will see a "rim virtual serial port" choose that and it will install the driver

Do the same thing for the second missing driver and your problems are all solved.
    12-20-08 03:24 PM
    This one had me stumped for a bit also but found a solution by searching for the hardware ID to find out what we were actually missing.

So here is how I got mine fixed.
    Go into the device manager and find the device missing its driver and hit the update driver.

Tell it you want to pick the driver

It will give you a page of different types of hardware - Pick Ports

Go down the list and you will see a "rim virtual serial port" choose that and it will install the driver

Do the same thing for the second missing driver and your problems are all solved.
    Wow...thanks! It looked like it solved the problem. I just simply told Windows to stop reminding me to install to get rid of the problem though for the time being.
    12-20-08 11:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD