Is there a regular bluetooth headset that I can listen to music with that is not a duel headset? I listen to a lot of talk radio and would also like to not have it in both ears so I can hear things going on in the background.

Thanks
    01-06-09 10:09 AM
    there are a few out there. The Jabra BT8040 does. Also I have the Plantronics voyager 855 and it has a left ear peace that is optional. It works playing music in mono just fine
    01-06-09 10:18 AM
    A non-stereo headset will not transmit audio. You need a A2DP headset. I believe all stereo/A2DP headset goes in both ears. Closest is the Plantronics 855.

Plantronics Voyager 855 Bluetooth Headset - A2DP, Bluetooth Stereo Headsets, Bluetooth Headphones, Wireless devices, Gadgets Review, Nokia Headsets, Plantronics, Motorola, Jabra, Sony, iTech

To get stereo, you need to have both headphones connected. However, since you also want to hear the background, you can have them connected but leave the smaller earpiece hanging down your shoulder.
    01-06-09 10:19 AM
    This is a question I have had for a long time.

It seems that the BB does not support this option, however, when I owned the MOTO Q I could do this with no problem. It was great to walk around the mall or do other chores and listen to music (mono) or talk radio in one ear without people around me even knowing that I am doing so.

If you ever get an answer on this topic please pin me and let me know. I will be watching the forum for responses as well.
    01-06-09 10:21 AM
    A non-stereo headset will not transmit audio. You need a A2DP headset. I believe all stereo/A2DP headset goes in both ears. Closest is the Plantronics 855.

Plantronics Voyager 855 Bluetooth Headset - A2DP, Bluetooth Stereo Headsets, Bluetooth Headphones, Wireless devices, Gadgets Review, Nokia Headsets, Plantronics, Motorola, Jabra, Sony, iTech

To get stereo, you need to have both headphones connected. However, since you also want to hear the background, you can have them connected but leave the smaller earpiece hanging down your shoulder.
    You don't need to have both connected. Either one I posted up top has a2dp profiles and can both work mono
    01-06-09 10:22 AM
    Thanks Flexia for the information. I will google the Plantronics voyager 855. That optional piece does not hang down does it? It completely detaches?
    01-06-09 10:27 AM
    Thanks Flexia for the information. I will google the Plantronics voyager 855. That optional piece does not hang down does it? It completely detaches?
    It comes with A ear hook that doesn't have a wire coming out the back when not using the other ear piece. Its not bad at all to change and its got a cool feature to slide the mic out when you want to answer a call.
    01-06-09 10:31 AM
    I just googled the Plantronics voyager 855, and yes the optional piece does detach completely.

It appears to be the option I'm looking for and Dubge I would suggest you check it out also. It seems to be a bit on the expensive side, but if it will do what I need for it to do then it might be worth it.

Thanks again.
    01-06-09 10:33 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions, I will start reading up on them!!
    01-06-09 10:52 AM
    Well for anyone who followed this or comes across it while searching, I picked up the Jabra BT8040 for around $35 from Amazon and besides the package missing the extra ear pieces it was a nice little unit and fully charges in about an hour. Sound is decent enough but it could be a little louder, the ear piece I have isnt the best fit so maybe it will sound a little better with one that fits my ear better when they send the missing ones. If I hold it to my ear it sounds much better and louder. I got 4-6 hours use out of it before it went dead (but I didnt really keep track of time) I will test the upcoming days to see what the actual time is with it, they state 6 hours of talk time
    01-22-09 06:40 PM
    I purchased the Jabra BT8040 also, but I had to return it due to performance with the storm. When the person on the other end speaks, it will give off a strange beep @ every word. This was getting annoring and I had to switch to another bt. I got that one from Verizon, and took it bck. I'm lookn for a great bt. w/ stereo & noise canceling that will wrk w/ the storm. Any suggestions?
    01-22-09 07:48 PM
    I use the Jabra BT8040 daily. Works great for me, I can listen to my mp3s and also videos. Pretty good call quality too...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 07:52 PM
    Bigslim, sounds like you may have had a bad one, I dont get any beeping with mine and everyone thus far said it sounded great and they didnt even know it was a bluetooth. I did notice a couple of times it sounded a little tinny at the start of the call but it did clear up.

I have not tried video with it yet but good to know it works
    01-22-09 08:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD