only "issue" i have is that the ring tones do not also play on the BT headset (Plantronics 520), it worked on the Q1/Q9c.. bit of a bummer.
    12-29-08 09:06 AM
    I have a Plantronics Discovery 925 and it is working great... No issues at all. I do have problems with my Pioneer where the voice dial command prompts won't come out over the radio but I also had this problem with the Max... I haven't called Pioneer yet. There are also things not working like answering a second call via the radio controls that did work with the max so I am hoping they fix this in future releases.
    Last edited by Robert Calhoun; 12-29-08 at 09:29 AM.
    12-29-08 09:27 AM
    I have a Plantronics Discovery 925 and it is working great... No issues at all.
    really, does it ring through the headset ? that is the only "issue" i have, if so did you change a setting for that ?
    12-29-08 09:29 AM
    I am having a few issues with the bluetooth headset. It could be the Jawbone 2 or the phone. Everyone is really complaining about the sound quality on the other end. The other issues are as follows.

1. Volume to person on the other side fluctuates
    2. Calls made with speed dial (Voice Mail) are auto routed to the phone not bt

This is probably a setting .. Just trying to figure it out.
    Are you running OS .75? I noticed #2 as well, but that is fixed with the leaked .83 software, so at least that is taken care of (for now).

I am also getting complaints from other people about my sound quality to them with the Jawbone 2. I did not have the problem so bad with the original OS, so I am hoping that this is a software issue that will be improved upon by RIM. I known the Jawbone 2 is sitting correctly against my cheek - I had the Jawbone 1 for 1 year previously already....

I will change the echo setting as suggested by a poster above and see if that helps.
    12-29-08 10:06 AM
    I am having a few issues with the bluetooth headset. It could be the Jawbone 2 or the phone. Everyone is really complaining about the sound quality on the other end. The other issues are as follows.

1. Volume to person on the other side fluctuates
    2. Calls made with speed dial (Voice Mail) are auto routed to the phone not bt

This is probably a setting .. Just trying to figure it out.
    I don't think it's one particular Bluetooth model. I have been getting complaints when connected to my Jawbone, My Motorola T305 and H700.

I am also having trouble with speed dial as well. It's the phone. Perhaps the next update will fix these issues.
    12-29-08 10:24 AM
    I checked my speed dial and its not connecting to my sync blue tooth. It went straight to the head set.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-08 11:25 AM
    I used a Jawbone ver 2 for a couple of menths (the battery went bas) and had the same problems with volume, but only when it wasn't touching my cheek. The little nub at the end of the unit has to be in good contact with your cheek for it to work properly. I also noticed that the range of the headset was very short and volume and static would result if the unit was more than four feet from the phone. Oddly, it worked across the room and into the next room with my son's Playstation 3, so I think the range issue is phone specific.

As an aside, when I got a new one, I went with the new motorola headset that has "motopure" or somesuch noise-cancellation, which does not depend on contact with your face.

You can get a good idea of what your call recipients hear by leaving a voicemail for yourself and, while recording, adjust the headphone, stand next to noisemakers (such as an air conditioner or whatever).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-08 11:35 AM
    I am also having problems with the Bluetooth on the Storm. My major problem is with the voice commands. The are all distorted and you can hardly understand them. When the call is connected the bluetooth is fairly good (not as good as on my Pearl). I have tried two different storms with the same problem. I have used a Motorla H700 headset, Plantronics 510, a jaw bone I and II. along with the headsets I have tried a Motorola T505 portable car kit and the factory Dodge bluetooth and all have the same problem. It does pick up my voice commands ok, just the prompts from the phone are distorted. Everything works great when not on bluetooth. The software version is 4.07.0.76. This is the newest version that Telus has.
    12-29-08 01:31 PM
    Just tried using my new Storm (.75) with my both of my Motorola T305s. Both are able to pair without problems, but the audio quality and range is poor. I get a lot of crackling/static when on a call. The person on the other end says they can hear me but sound hollow.

I have been using both devices with a Samsung BlackJack for the past couple of years without static and good sound quality on both ends of the call. Other phones (HTC, Nokia) have also been attached to my t305s without problems. Thus, I think the problem is probably with my Storm. Hopefully the next firmware update will fix this. I would hate to have to return the device b/c of poor bluetooth functionality.

Besides this issue, I like the device a lot. I especially love Google Sync. Outlook is no longer my middleman.
    12-31-08 05:07 PM
    I'm having the exact same problems. I bought the Jawbone 2 with my Storm and people say I sound like I'm talking in a tin can. They also say my voice fades in and out, so I have to repeat myself.

Went to Verizon and swapped for a new Jawbone...same thing. Ended up trying 3 Jawbones then they sent me a new Storm to try that. Now I switched from the Jawbone 2 to the Plantronix 925 and same thing is still happening.

It's got to be a software problem. Please let me know if someone is using a BT headset that works good.

Thanks!
    I was using my Kyocera bluetooth headset with my phone and the sound quality on both ends was great. People who called me and who I call couldn't tell the difference between the two Using bluetooth/using the handset. But unfortunately I updated to .85 AND bluetooth doesn't seem to be working at all. Sad.... Hopefully this is fixed in a new release... If not I may have to go back to .76/.75....
    12-31-08 05:51 PM
    I'm having the exact same problems. I bought the Jawbone 2 with my Storm and people say I sound like I'm talking in a tin can. They also say my voice fades in and out, so I have to repeat myself.

Went to Verizon and swapped for a new Jawbone...same thing. Ended up trying 3 Jawbones then they sent me a new Storm to try that. Now I switched from the Jawbone 2 to the Plantronix 925 and same thing is still happening.

It's got to be a software problem. Please let me know if someone is using a BT headset that works good.

Thanks!
    Jabra JX20 Pura here...

Jabra, wireless and corded headsets for office-based and contact centre professionals, Bluetooth headsets and mobile music accessories
    12-31-08 05:57 PM
    I too am having BT issues.

The latest issue is that I have is when I activate the voice dialing via BT. The screen changes to the voice dialing screen, but it does not say anything. I have to disconnect the BT or press and hold the blackberry button to exit. I can use voice dialing on the handset alone. This has happened with my Jawbone and Motorola H350 BT units.

The voice dialing works from handset this time. Before when it did this, the voice dialing was dead from all modes. The only recovery is removing the battery and waiting half a day for the phone to reboot.

I've also had it go to where the voice dialing will enunciate the instructions, but not listen to any replies that I tell it.

I've also had it go in to a mode where it will dial the number, the clock will start and I will hear nothing (BT, speaker, or handset mode), but the recipient can hear me.

Verizon has replaced it once, I think I am going to have to return it and go for something else.
    12-31-08 10:13 PM
    I have the Blueant V1 and keep being told the same thing as macho750, That it sounds as if I'm talking in a metallic tunnel. I can't believe bluetooth headsets still aren't ready for primetime. What's it been...like 15 years. lol
    01-02-09 09:09 PM
    I am using the JawBone 2 with BB software v.85 and have no issues with being heard. I'm going to try to find a more secure earpiece for the JB2 (it keeps falling out of my ear), but the outbound audio is just fine.

Voice dialing is a little trickier, while it's initializing, there can't be any sound getting in to the JB or it locks up the dialer. This is better under .85, but still an occasional issue. Also you really have to wait for the 'que' tones before you speak with the voice dialer or it gets confused.
    01-02-09 11:36 PM
    I'm using a Motorola Rokr T505 standalone bluetooth unit. Works perfect, and has no wires to plug in, clips to the visor. Can transport car to car, and will either play through it's own speaker, or on an FM station of your choosing. Also has a privacy button to switch to the phone if you don't want to be heard in the car.

You do have to charge the battery every couple weeks or so, but that can be done at home or in-car with their supplied charging cord.

It's clear for me, and the caller. It also announces the number dialing in so you can choose to answer or not. The only thing I do not like about it is that it has a range of 50' or so. If you have it turned on and forget to turn it off when leaving the vehicle, if you're within 50' or so and make or receive a call you can't hear anything because it's playing on the unit, instead of the phone (like you're in the house near enough to the vehicle).

I tried two permanent in-car units, and several bluetooth ear pieces, this was the one that by far was the best to use in my case. Once you get used to turning it on/off it's a piece of cake. The Storm will automatically synch as long as you have it set to trust the unit in config; default makes you manually synch it everytime.

Jody
    01-03-09 02:25 PM
    i have the same problem with the bluetooth where calls made using speed dail are sent to the phone and not the bt. i am using the ps3 bluetooth its descent but would like to get the jawbone 2
    01-03-09 02:56 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD