I am having a few issues with the bluetooth headset. It could be the Jawbone 2 or the phone. Everyone is really complaining about the sound quality on the other end. The other issues are as follows.

1. Volume to person on the other side fluctuates
    2. Calls made with speed dial (Voice Mail) are auto routed to the phone not bt

This is probably a setting .. Just trying to figure it out.
    11-25-08 07:42 PM
    I am having a few issues with the bluetooth headset. It could be the Jawbone 2 or the phone. Everyone is really complaining about the sound quality on the other end. The other issues are as follows.

I have Plantronics Voyager 510 bluetooth and get many complaints. Some think I am in an empty tin can, hollow, echo etc. This was not the case with my prior LG8300 phone.

Is there any settings that might help ?
    11-25-08 07:47 PM
    I have a samsung blue tooth unit. It worked flawless with the curve. With the storm it sounds horrible and multiple times now the other person can hear me but i cant hear them. Theres defintely bugs with the blue tooth.
    11-25-08 07:49 PM
    Mine seemed to be working ok at first. At least I did not get complaints until today. Everything is fine when I switch to the handset.
    11-25-08 07:53 PM
    I have the jawbone 2 as well and am losing my ability to hear, but other can hear me. The issue appears to occur when I switch between the bluetooth earpiece and speaker and back again. Even if this switch works correctly, the next time I make a call I cannot hear anything. Users on the other end say they can hear me, but I cannot hear them. Powering it off and removing the battery and restart fixes. After doing that a few times, I figured out that disabling bluetooth, turning off the earpiece, turning on earpiece and re-enabling bluetooth resolves without requiring reboot. Pain in the ****, but it works.
    11-25-08 08:15 PM
    I've had the Storm for a few days now. I've had a Plantronics Voyager 510 headset for years, and it's worked well on all but one earlier BB a couple of years ago. On the Curve it was great.

Now on the Storm, folks always tell me that my voice volume is too low. Never used to be the case. If I use the Storm withOUT the headset, the volume is fine.

Has anyone either:
    [1] found some magic setting that fixes this ...OR...
    [2] found a bluetooth headset that works well (allows party on other side to hear me fine)
    ?

Thanks for any suggestions!

- Joe
    12-19-08 12:47 PM
    I'm going to go ahead and bump this up with my own issues. Before my storm, I had a Motorolla RAZR that hooked up to my Car's Deck (Pioneer FH-P800BT) and worked like a charm.

I've since then hooked up my storm and connected as both an Audio Source and as a Headset/AV Control. However, whenever I start up my car, only the Headset/AV Control automatically connects to the deck (and to try and connect the Storm as an Audio Source is difficult to say the least, it requires me to delete the device profile and re-add it again to get it to work) and as many of you have mentioned before the sound quality on the recipients end is terrible (it often has a buzzing or loud beeping sound) while on my end it sounds pretty good.

If anyone has any information on settings for my deck or Blackberry it would be much appreciated.
    12-19-08 02:16 PM
    Just got done w/ an online Storm training session. The Verizon gent did say something nebulous along the lines that bluetooth improvements are sometimes the type of thing that's included with software updates, and they typically have updates quarterly or so.

I hope SOONER! ...heck, we're on v4.7.0.75 ..but I believe .83 has been released in Europe. No idea if this includes any BT improvements.
    12-22-08 11:56 AM
    In Media - > options > enable boost
    Media > option> equalizer > (I like rock, but test and pick what works for you)
    12-22-08 12:08 PM
    In Media - > options > enable boost
    Media > option> equalizer > (I like rock, but test and pick what works for you)
    I don't think this has any effect on phone calls over BT. Neither do the audio settings on the Phone General Options screen. That setting is for wired headsets.
    12-22-08 12:22 PM
    The only issue I'm having w/ my bt is that the storm will disconnect from it occasionally after a call. I'll be on a call one minute and the next time the phone rings, the bt is no longer connected. It's not the bt, it'll be fully charged so it's not the battery and I don't walk away from the storm for it to be a range issue. [shrug]

I'm just toughing things out til more official releases come out.
    12-22-08 01:07 PM
    Haven't gotten any complaints so far about sound quality, but have had the speed dial issue. Found no solution.
    12-22-08 01:14 PM
    I am using Jawbone II and have received complaints about the quality of my voice transmission while using the Jawbone. I thought is was a Jawbone problem and call Jawbone support and they are sending me some additional "beta" ear plugs that do not initially come with the Jawbone II. Haven't received them yet and will report on this problem after receipt.
    12-22-08 01:38 PM
    no complaints, make sure the little nub is touching your cheek bone though.

Also, don't shove the whole thing in your ear, I found the best way of doing it is resting it in the little "cup" area of your ear and just using the ear loop to make sure if it falls out it's still on your ear. It's more comfortable that way and I never have any problems (this is with roughly 15 hours of use driving too and from Atlanta, Ga and Blacksburg, Va)
    12-22-08 01:41 PM
    I'm having the exact same problems. I bought the Jawbone 2 with my Storm and people say I sound like I'm talking in a tin can. They also say my voice fades in and out, so I have to repeat myself.

Went to Verizon and swapped for a new Jawbone...same thing. Ended up trying 3 Jawbones then they sent me a new Storm to try that. Now I switched from the Jawbone 2 to the Plantronix 925 and same thing is still happening.

It's got to be a software problem. Please let me know if someone is using a BT headset that works good.

Thanks!
    Last edited by macho750; 12-23-08 at 10:42 AM.
    12-23-08 10:13 AM

I am having the exact same problems. Kind of happens intermittently with #1 but seems to always occur with #2. I am on my second Storm now and these problems have been the same on both phones. I was told by VZW that this was a software issue, that RIM was aware of the problems and that a future software upgrade would take care of the problems...
    12-24-08 01:50 AM
    (First post here, so first of all I'm saying hi )

I have the same problem, people complain about the volume. I can hear the other person fine, but they can't hear me unless I put the microphone almost inside my mouth and shout (and it's hard to do so while driving). With my previous phone I had no problems.

There's an option that says "echo control" in bluetooth options, but as far as I've tried, it doesn't solve anything.
    12-27-08 05:39 PM
    Hi All
    Has anyone came up with a solution yet for storms low microphone headset level, if so please let us know. had 2 headsets now neither have good volume with the storm.
    12-29-08 05:13 AM
    I had many complaints from the other party when I was using the Jabra BT8040. On my end everything sound wise was fine. However, I couldn't get a comfortable fit in my ear so I returned it. Now I have the Motorola H710 and no complaints so far.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-08 05:21 AM
    I have a high end Motorola BT and no one complains about the quality of my voice. My complaint is that the volume of others in my ear is way too loud. It is on the lowest setting and my eardrums get blown out by some callers.

Found the model number. It's the H12. Worked great on my pearl.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by stuatc; 12-29-08 at 08:10 AM.
    12-29-08 08:07 AM
    I have a Jawbone ver. 1 and i also use my car's ford Sync system and both work fine. My suggestion on Blue Tooth, is one start over within the phone- delete the settings on the Storm and start over. As far the Jawbone, i did have to reset the entire Jawbone (paper clip in the metal plate on the charging area of the Jawbone) After i reset the jawbone it worked great. Also, are you using Jawbone correctly? as somone said before "make sure the little nub is touching your cheek bone though."
    12-29-08 08:17 AM
    I will say that i have a Plantronics 520 and i think the sound quality is actually pretty good with my storm. both transmit and recieve audio is clear and fairly loud, although not quite as loud as my previous phone.

i have noticed the speed dial issue which is stupid and annoying to say the least. i would recommend this bluetooth to anyone though. always worked really well for me.
    12-29-08 08:28 AM
    Sounds like most of you have Echo Control on. Go to Setup/Set Up Blutooth, highlight the name of your earpiece, click the menu key, go to Device Properties, and turn Echo Control to off. On another note I would also disabled Encryption, because when its on it sometimes glitches with connections.
    Last edited by Jascias; 12-29-08 at 08:59 AM.
    12-29-08 08:33 AM
    I am having the same trouble. SImilar issue with Blueant wireless speaker phone on the Storm.
    12-29-08 08:56 AM
    Sounds like most of you have Echo Control on. Go to Setup/Set Up Blutooth, highlight the name of your earpiece, click the menu key, go to Device Properties, and turn Echo Control to off. On another note I would also disabled Encryption, because when its on it sometimes glitches with connections.

Brilliant Thanks, you sorted it on my motorola headphones s9. People can hear me ok now, well happy.

Yippee thanks again
    12-29-08 09:04 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD