Hi There-
    Today I discovered a little glitch I can't seem to solve and I don't see any posts on it.

I would like to use Bluetooth to transfer files between my laptop and Storm 9530 (Verizon v.75). I have a Dell Latitude 830 and running Toshiba bluetooth Stack. I can detect my phone in the Bluetooth list on my computer, but when I try to connect to it I get the following error:

"Unable to detect service"

I see a similar message when trying to right click the file itself and send via Bluetooth. On the other hand, I can use the phone to detect the computer and move files without a problem FROM my phone to the computer. Weird. I have all the appropriate services "checked on" in the options menu on the phone, but no luck detecting the services...

Just wondering if anyone else has the problem. Is there a setting I'm missing on the phone? Or is the problem with Toshiba Bluetooth software?
    12-15-08 05:40 PM
    Hi There-
    Today I discovered a little glitch I can't seem to solve and I don't see any posts on it.

I would like to use Bluetooth to transfer files between my laptop and Storm 9530 (Verizon v.75). I have a Dell Latitude 830 and running Toshiba bluetooth Stack. I can detect my phone in the Bluetooth list on my computer, but when I try to connect to it I get the following error:

"Unable to detect service"

I see a similar message when trying to right click the file itself and send via Bluetooth. On the other hand, I can use the phone to detect the computer and move files without a problem FROM my phone to the computer. Weird. I have all the appropriate services "checked on" in the options menu on the phone, but no luck detecting the services...

Just wondering if anyone else has the problem. Is there a setting I'm missing on the phone? Or is the problem with Toshiba Bluetooth software?
    I think it's a bug. I can't receive files via. BT, however I can send files???
    12-15-08 06:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD