Hi Guys,

I pay for the 5gb tethering plan on my 9530 and have always been able to use bluetooth dial up networking to tether to my XP SP3 laptop. However as of late, ever since I upgraded my storm to the .148 OS I have been getting stuck at the "verifying username and password" message and then i get an "error 721 the remote computer did not respond" I've been using the following:

Dial up number: #777
    Username: [email protected]
    Password: myphonenumber

The Verizon Access Manager software still connects fine, but prefer not to use it as I don't like having more software running in the background than necessary. Plus I like the ability to tether via wireless BT for short periods of time when i'm on the go.

Any help / suggestions would be great!

Thanks -
    06-24-09 03:00 PM
    I think the new upgrade screwed a lot of things up. I can't call my own number or dial 1 to connect to my voicemail after downloading it. I called Verizon and they couldn't tell me what was wrong. I hope they fix the glitches of this update in the next one.
    06-24-09 03:03 PM
    That's a let down because I thought since it was Verizon's official update it would be safe.... That was pretty naive of me!!
    06-24-09 03:08 PM
    I don't think the OS is the issue. I think it's the OTA. DOwnload it and run it from Desktop Manager. That will probably fix a lot of your problems. I don't have any of those problems in 148.
    06-24-09 04:24 PM
    I don't think the OS is the issue. I think it's the OTA. DOwnload it and run it from Desktop Manager. That will probably fix a lot of your problems. I don't have any of those problems in 148.
    Forgive my ignorance as I'm rather new to the the BB OS, but what exactly is the OTA?
    06-24-09 04:38 PM
    OTA = Over the Air. Meaning, Verizon said there is an update, and it downloads the "required" sets of code to complete the upgrade.
    06-24-09 05:00 PM
    The password is vzw, not your phonenumber...
    07-20-09 01:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD