Has anyone successfully synced there Storm with the computer over a Bluetooth? is this possible? Vista keeps asking me for the bt drivers even though I already installed it.
    12-04-08 05:00 PM
    Hi jzcombo... I think the answer is YES! While reading about the new upgrade today, I realized I don't have my micro usb cord, so I gave bluetooth a shot.

Good news, I was able to backup the device using bluetooth and DM (but had some message saying device memory could not be backed up). I'm assuming sync will work fine, but I have my device configured for wireless sync, so I didn't try it.
    12-05-08 01:05 PM
    I have the same problem as the OP and came in here hoping for some advice.

My bluetooth works fine as I used to sync my pearl with my PC. but everytime I pair the storm to my PC, it connects and everything but then it asks for a driver that the CD that came with the phone doesn't have and that vista can't find on its own.

I know the bluetooth on my PC is working because i'm connected with other things just fine.

Anyone know how to go around this?
    12-10-08 02:54 PM
    I had this same problem on my 8830 awhile back. I ended up browsing the Bluetooth section of CB and found detailed instructions on how to remove and reinstall pairings with a BB on a Windows machine. Worked fine after I did that. If I recall I also removed and reinstalled Desktop Manger for good luck and between those steps it worked ever since, 6+ months including an upgrade to DM along the way. The trouble I had started when I changed Bluetooth USB plugs from one brand to another.
    12-10-08 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD