I just got a Mazda CX-9 with Bluetooth Audio. So far I've gotten it to work with my Storm by starting up the media player and selecting a playlist.

The music plays through the car's speakers, I can pause/resume, and track skip from the car's controls. The one thing that doesn't seem to be working is the tag information. The car's screen displays Artist, Track, Title, Genre, but they are all blank. According to Mazda this is because the Storm is not broadcasting the Tag info over Bluetooth. Is this a setting I can turn on? Has anyone else had success with their Storm sending tag info over Bluetooth?
    02-04-09 08:53 AM
    I just got a Mazda CX-9 with Bluetooth Audio. So far I've gotten it to work with my Storm by starting up the media player and selecting a playlist.

The music plays through the car's speakers, I can pause/resume, and track skip from the car's controls. The one thing that doesn't seem to be working is the tag information. The car's screen displays Artist, Track, Title, Genre, but they are all blank. According to Mazda this is because the Storm is not broadcasting the Tag info over Bluetooth. Is this a setting I can turn on? Has anyone else had success with their Storm sending tag info over Bluetooth?
    I actually had to go out to my car to see! I have an aftermarket HD BT stereo in my car and I don't get screen displays either. I have all the same controls and they work for me to.

I know that it has been mentioned in other threads that their Storms won't transmit in stereo while playing video. Maybe (hopefully) BT is still work in progress for future releases?
    02-04-09 11:00 AM
    According to Wikipedia transferring of tag information was introduced with the AVRCP Version 1.3 profile. Does anyone know what version of AVRCP the Storm is at?
    02-05-09 09:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD