hello all . . . I just purchased the Blueant V1 - holy crap what a great BT headset! I spent all day testing noise cancellation and call quality and the otherside has been impressed. By the way, the voice features work perfect. It is nice being able to keep my Storm in my pocket and still activate my voice dial - not too mention the number id in the headset and ability to answer by voice!

I have one issue that I hope someone can help me out with: when I use the call voicemail function - the pause and password does not seem to activate. It simply dials my voicemail but not the password. Anyone else getting this issue?
    12-15-08 11:50 PM
    Have you ever used a Jabra JX10? This has been the best headset I've ever used. I'm about to take a Jawbone 2 back because of the **** poor battery life. The incoming audio was passable and the out going audio while not fantastic it did great in noisy situations.

I'm very interested to try the V1. How is the incoming audio compared to others you've used?
    12-16-08 12:00 AM
    hello all . . . I just purchased the Blueant V1 - holy crap what a great BT headset! I spent all day testing noise cancellation and call quality and the otherside has been impressed. By the way, the voice features work perfect. It is nice being able to keep my Storm in my pocket and still activate my voice dial - not too mention the number id in the headset and ability to answer by voice!

I have one issue that I hope someone can help me out with: when I use the call voicemail function - the pause and password does not seem to activate. It simply dials my voicemail but not the password. Anyone else getting this issue?
    hmm cant help u with that, but i have the same headset. isnt it the best headset uve ever owned?! well worth the money
    12-16-08 12:10 AM
    Can't really speak on the v1 I've used the jx10, the moto h700, both jawbones, and numerous other entry level headsets. Not to mention the plethoraof wired sets before these. By far the jx10 has been the hands down winner. The jx10 had even better noise isolation in side byside tests in my car thwn the original jawbone. But I think ill have to give the v1 a go. Or maybe the zn1 being that I'm not so sure what ill think of the voice features. What are your thoughts are the voice features a big part of it? Honestly I'm usually just saying call google and caling businesses that way. For contacts vlingo works great. Voice activated dialing isn't thwy good but its passable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 12:27 AM
    Have you ever used a Jabra JX10? This has been the best headset I've ever used. I'm about to take a Jawbone 2 back because of the **** poor battery life. The incoming audio was passable and the out going audio while not fantastic it did great in noisy situations.

I'm very interested to try the V1. How is the incoming audio compared to others you've used?
    It has been better than my old jabra, the Nokia, and the jawbone I have had
    12-16-08 06:03 PM
    hmm cant help u with that, but i have the same headset. isnt it the best headset uve ever owned?! well worth the money
    I love it! Hey, when you say "dial voicemail" does it dial the number and your password?
    12-16-08 06:04 PM
    Can't really speak on the v1 I've used the jx10, the moto h700, both jawbones, and numerous other entry level headsets. Not to mention the plethoraof wired sets before these. By far the jx10 has been the hands down winner. The jx10 had even better noise isolation in side byside tests in my car thwn the original jawbone. But I think ill have to give the v1 a go. Or maybe the zn1 being that I'm not so sure what ill think of the voice features. What are your thoughts are the voice features a big part of it? Honestly I'm usually just saying call google and caling businesses that way. For contacts vlingo works great. Voice activated dialing isn't thwy good but its passable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I have had zero mistakes in the 48 hours I have had the device - the voice dial is fantastic. It gives you caller ID in your headset (number) and allows you to answer or ignore with your voice. I never have to grab the phone with it on . . plus I can check the battery life with my voice - pretty cool.
    12-16-08 06:06 PM
    i just ordered one of these a few days ago....based on all the reviews this looks to be the best bluetooth available....jawboneII was my other option but a few people i know that had it dont like the volume on it
    12-16-08 06:17 PM

I had the JX10. Worst headset I've ever used in my life. During the time I had that headset, call quality on both ends left nothing to be desired. I always ended up having to use something else. Dont get me started on the construction of it. Legos are sturdier than the JX10.

Money wasnt a factor. If a find a headset to be superb, I dont care how much it cost. I couldnt make myself like the JX10 and it was returned in less than a week.
    12-16-08 06:23 PM
    I totally recommend the BlueAnt V1. It is awesome and small. Totally great sound and easy to charge. I read some bad customers reviews on the Jawbone even though the guy at AT&T all but shoved it down my throat! LOL
    I can't see going back to Motorola. I love the BlueAnt!
    12-16-08 06:24 PM
    I've had a Jawbone 2 for awhile and was looking at this V1. I like all the features.
    12-16-08 06:24 PM
    I love it! Hey, when you say "dial voicemail" does it dial the number and your password?
    hmm not sure ..i dont relaly use voice activated dialing much
    12-16-08 06:59 PM
    It is a great headset but the only drawback is that u cannot use voice commands with it say. Like call wife or call son. U have to put those numbers on speed dial. Other than that and ecxellent headset.
    Going with the JawboneII; nice
    12-16-08 07:14 PM
    It is a great headset but the only drawback is that u cannot use voice commands with it say. Like call wife or call son. U have to put those numbers on speed dial. Other than that and ecxellent headset.
    Going with the JawboneII; nice
    I have been using the voice dail on the phone from the headset. Say "Voice Commands" and it will launch the voice dial on the phone. I have had good luck with the voice dial on the phone. Using this combo . . never have to pick up the phone.
    12-16-08 07:27 PM
    I had the JX10. Worst headset I've ever used in my life. During the time I had that headset, call quality on both ends left nothing to be desired. I always ended up having to use something else. Dont get me started on the construction of it. Legos are sturdier than the JX10.

Money wasnt a factor. If a find a headset to be superb, I dont care how much it cost. I couldnt make myself like the JX10 and it was returned in less than a week.
    I'll admit the JX10 isn't made strong enough but I fixed that problem.... I just opened the thing and potted it with epoxy. The thing is tough as nails now.
    12-16-08 07:50 PM
    Can you re-sync it fine ? For exmple, walk away and split up your phone and blue tooth then come back and press the bluetooth to sync it again? Does that work fine? Cuz my current blueant micro x3 has problem re-syncing like that.
    12-16-08 07:54 PM
    Strange my JX10, the jawbone, the H700 and several others I've looked at had no issues. I'll have to give the V1 a try but so far nothing has sounded as good as the JX10.
    12-16-08 07:56 PM
    Well I had the Jabra JX10 and loved it at the time, then I got the original Jawbone and totally loved it. So much that when I lost it I replaced it and 2 weeks later the Jawbone 2 came out. Needless to say I ended up buying the Jawbone 2 and gave my Jawbone 1 to my buddy.
    The Jawbone 2 was just as awesome as the original Jawbone and loved it. That was until I could not keep it on my ear at all. So then after some deliberation and a great price I found on the BlueAny V1 I ordered it and love it.
    I think that between the Jawbone 2 and BlueAny V1 they are the best 2 BT headsets that I have ever used and love them. I would recommend them to anyone. The only thing that I would say is that if you can try them both on because that is what is going to be the determining factor if you ask me. Is the way it fits on your ear and in your ear. Other than that the quality of calls and noise cancellation is practically the same.
    Love them both, but the BA fits and stays in my ear better than my JB2.
    12-16-08 08:22 PM
    Can you re-sync it fine ? For exmple, walk away and split up your phone and blue tooth then come back and press the bluetooth to sync it again? Does that work fine? Cuz my current blueant micro x3 has problem re-syncing like that.

SO far that has worked flawlessly but I have only had it a few days. In fact it paired surprisingly quick today after a turned my phone on . . . paired before I could use the storm's screen. Some of this is the Storm I think, it seems to look for last BT connection as soon as it turns on.
    12-16-08 10:23 PM
    so back on topic . . . of all the folks with the V1 does anyone have the same issue or have it working (Call voicemail . . dials password like speed dial 1 does from the handset)?
    12-16-08 10:24 PM
    Gotta admit the V1 really does have great sound. One thing that I note that it does not support that the JX10 and the Jawbone 2 did was the ability to use the volume buttons on the phone. If you're using the V1 and you push the volume rocker on the phone it just ignores you. If you are using the JX10 or the Jawbone 2 and you change the volume on the headset or on the phone both work as they should. In other words the phone actually passes a command to the headset to change its volume. This is the first phone I've seen that work on so I thought it was kinda neat but with this headset its not supported.

Supposedly this headset does allow for software upgrades so maybe that is something they'll do in the future. Jabra also said that the JX10 was going to be able to allow for software upgrades but they never released one. I'm betting that Blueant is going to do the same. Or if they do release updates it'll only be to get a female voice or things of that nature.
    12-17-08 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD