Hello,
    I saw a few topics in here about people asking if they should put the black bezel in their storm. So I decided to post this for anyone who cares. You can get Blue, red, yellow, green, white, orange and purple bezels from here shop.brando.com.hk

I just put the blue bezel on my storm yesterday. Taking the phone apart is simple, there is a bunch of videos on youtube. The only hard part was peeling the parts off the old bezel and putting them on the new bezel (ear speaker, lock and mute buttons, LED) But the end result was way worth it IMO.....

Here are some pics:

07-01-09 10:41 AM
    cool. i wish that response alone was long enough.
    07-01-09 11:48 AM
    Very cool indeed. From the pics it kinda looks like the bezel is anodized. Is that how its supposed to look?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 11:53 AM
    Looks good.
    07-01-09 11:54 AM
    Thanks guys

Very cool indeed. From the pics it kinda looks like the bezel is anodized. Is that how its supposed to look?

It kinda does look like that. Of course it is just plastic though.

Here is a close up of the color:
    07-01-09 12:33 PM
    Are you going to do these in black. Also can you do the side buttons as well. Thanks Nate.

07-01-09 12:58 PM
    Are you going to do these in black. Also can you do the side buttons as well. Thanks Nate.

I just did this for myself, im not selling them or anything. Although its not a terrible idea. They do sell the black part for this too. I guess you might be able to like sand off the chrome on the buttons to make them black, or paint them.
    07-01-09 01:02 PM
    I have a black bezel to replace mine but I freaked when I got the phone apart and saw those teeny tiny parts that had to be peeled off the old bezel and put on the new. Was it hard? I still want it done but don't know if I have the nerve to do it.....

07-01-09 01:45 PM
    That looks sweet but idk about 30 bucks...
    07-01-09 02:07 PM
    I have a black bezel to replace mine but I freaked when I got the phone apart and saw those teeny tiny parts that had to be peeled off the old bezel and put on the new. Was it hard? I still want it done but don't know if I have the nerve to do it.....

It wasn't too hard. Just tedious. You have to take your time. Most of the cables are kind of like ribbon cables that are stuck too the bezel and you have to take a tiny tool of some sort and slowly get under them and pry them off without damaging them. But it all just pries off. If you look closely and figure it out before you start taking stuff off, its actually not that bad. I would do it, If I were you, just take your time. The speaker is easier than it looks too, it just kinda pops right out.

Also, If you do it, try to peel the foam off the old bezel too. There is foam in certain areas, like around the speaker, around the screen area. You can get under the foam and peel it off and stick it back on the new bezel.

That looks sweet but idk about 30 bucks...
    I know, it was kind of pricey. I just found the same one on ebay for 13 bucks with tools. Wish I would have seen it before.
    Last edited by trumansnare; 07-01-09 at 02:42 PM.
    07-01-09 02:38 PM
    I know, it was kind of pricey. I just found the same one on ebay for 13 bucks with tools. Wish I would have seen it before.
    Link?

10char
    07-01-09 02:44 PM
    Bezel Frame Front Housing for Blackberry Storm 9500 BL - eBay (item 250455474079 end time Jul-30-09 01:54:26 PDT)

They also have all the colors on ebay too, not just blue.

Although this looks the same, I cant be sure that it is exactly the same as mine as it is a different store.
    Last edited by trumansnare; 07-01-09 at 02:48 PM.
    07-01-09 02:45 PM
    Me likes it.

07-01-09 05:06 PM
    nice improvement! if i was keeping it id replace my bending outward bezel.
    07-01-09 06:10 PM
    nice improvement! if i was keeping it id replace my bending outward bezel.
    Thanks,
    bending outward bezel? not sure what you mean...
    07-01-09 07:02 PM
    I just order the orange and blue bezels for my storm. Thanks for the link.

07-27-09 11:18 PM
    When I did this to my pearl, my volume rockers quit working as did the flash on the camera. With that kind of experience under my belt, I'd be too afraid to do it again.

07-28-09 11:19 AM
    This is really awesome! Now I just have to get the guts to try it on mine!!
    09-04-09 05:20 AM
    Killer dude .

I fu*ked the top of my storm one day when jogging , I was pissed .

I'm Killer happy that this is out there . Im so getting one . Sweet
    09-07-09 08:44 PM
    Very sweet..I agree 30 bills is alot to pay for that...
    09-09-09 06:12 PM
    Killer dude .

I fu*ked the top of my storm one day when jogging , I was pissed .
    I scratched the **** out of mine, it was in my lap and I stood up to get out my car.

I'm Killer happy that this is out there . Im so getting one . Sweet
    1+ to knowledge of this being out there.
    09-09-09 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD