Does anybody know if you can put it on the storm?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-08 07:53 PM
    i was wondering the same thing..got my dark knight blu ray and got my digital copy..does anyone know???
    12-10-08 07:54 PM
    You could probably do it through iTunes.
    12-10-08 07:56 PM
    No. It needs to be linked with an itunes account and the format is not supported in the Storm.

But it also depends on what digital copy you are talking about, some motion picture studios are using different methods. But most are partnered with apple.
    12-10-08 07:56 PM
    Just rip the movie using a tool such as handbrake into an MP4 file and load that on the Storm. If its widescreen, use the H.264 codec, if what your encoding is 4:3, use the standard FFmpeg codec. It should not matter if your using blue ray or rip it from a dvd because no matter what you do the resolution will still be 480x368. This is how i take my movies and shows with me when I travel.
    12-10-08 08:13 PM
    Just rip the movie using a tool such as handbrake into an MP4 file and load that on the Storm. If its widescreen, use the H.264 codec, if what your encoding is 4:3, use the standard FFmpeg codec. It should not matter if your using blue ray or rip it from a dvd because no matter what you do the resolution will still be 480x368. This is how i take my movies and shows with me when I travel.
    what tool do you use to do that ? and also would you know of a mac software ?
    12-10-08 08:49 PM
    what tool do you use to do that ? and also would you know of a mac software ?
    I told you in the previous post... its called handbrake and works on a mac. I am a mac user.
    12-10-08 08:55 PM
    I wanna know the answer as well... Ripping a blu-ray movie is a pain in the a$$...
    12-10-08 08:58 PM
    I told you in the previous post... its called handbrake and works on a mac. I am a mac user.
    yeah i read that (and it wasnt me asking) but handbrake wont handle that digital copy for me ...
    12-10-08 08:59 PM
    yeah i read that (and it wasnt me asking) but handbrake wont handle that digital copy for me ...
    Dont try and convert the digital copy. Rip the disk because thats about the only way your going to get it.
    12-10-08 09:03 PM
    i was wondering the same thing..got my dark knight blu ray and got my digital copy..does anyone know???
    ANSWER:

i just bought the dark knight on blu ray yesterday and went through TONS of aggravation.

the digital copy IS DRM PROTECTED!

it says it can sync to a portable media device using windows media player 11 provided the portable device is a "playsforsure" device, which apperantly the BB storm is not...

anyways..

I got my digital copy than removed the DRM protection than converted it for optimal settings on the storm.

now i have the movie on the storm and it is beautiful. BUT NOT WORTH ALL THE AGGRAVATION I WENT THROUGH.
    12-10-08 09:07 PM
    ANSWER:

i just bought the dark knight on blu ray yesterday and went through TONS of aggravation.

the digital copy IS DRM PROTECTED!

it says it can sync to a portable media device using windows media player 11 provided the portable device is a "playsforsure" device, which apperantly the BB storm is not...

anyways..

I got my digital copy than removed the DRM protection than converted it for optimal settings on the storm.

now i have the movie on the storm and it is beautiful. BUT NOT WORTH ALL THE AGGRAVATION I WENT THROUGH.

Care to share how you removed the DRM ?
    12-10-08 09:08 PM
    Dont try and convert the digital copy. Rip the disk because thats about the only way your going to get it.
    Well i dont really have a way to RIP a blu ray on a mac now do i?
    Digital Copy for the Dark Knight is Warner Bros. therefore its a Windows deal.... What I am having a problem with after its ripped and loaded onto my Storm is that the video is not there its some distorted green bar... its weird. Right now I am trying to convert to .avi and see what happens. I use handbrake also and it is a great tool if you get it to work right.
    Ok so i copied the THE_DARK_KNIGHT_PC_EN.wmv file on my desktop we'll see if i can convert it with handbrake.
    12-10-08 09:24 PM
    Care to share how you removed the DRM ?
    i've actually been looking into this matter for quite some time now, that is removing DRM from movies and tv shows (such as Itunes purchased movies, tv shows) and It has become apparent there is only 1 solution, a program that costs money, and alot of money at that.

there are 2 programs that I am aware of (there could be more that I am un aware of) and those are

1. Tunebite
    2. Soundtaxi

these programs will, in addition to removing DRM from movies, will also remove DRM from your music such as purchased itunes music.

I bought Tunebite, mainly because It seems like a better program and It is 5 dollars less (though you don't get a hard copy)

here's the link: TUNEBITE converts protected WMA, M4A, M4B, M4P, WMV, M4V. Converter MP3, WMA, OGG, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, AC3, AU, MPEG4, MP4, AVI, 3GP, MOV, FLV ASF, DV, H.264, XVID, DIVX, 3IVX.

the program is $40 dollars ABSURDLY OVERPRICED, except for the fact that supply and demand take effect. It's a VERY small market for matters like this and they have a good product, that is 100% LEGAL and happens to work flawlessly, so why not charge $40 dollars.

if you would like Batman The Dark Knight already formatted for the storm, for free send me a pm about it.

BTW:

heres the link for information about digial copy as far as warner bros movies go:

Digital Copy: Support Site

about transferring to a device (which appears to be BS):

Hope that helps
    12-10-08 09:34 PM
    WORKED !!

I am going through the settings right now !
    12-10-08 09:35 PM
    i've actually been looking into this matter for quite some time now, that is removing DRM from movies and tv shows (such as Itunes purchased movies, tv shows) and It has become apparent there is only 1 solution, a program that costs money, and alot of money at that.

there are 2 programs that I am aware of (there could be more that I am un aware of) and those are

1. Tunebite
    2. Soundtaxi

these programs will, in addition to removing DRM from movies, will also remove DRM from your music such as purchased itunes music.

I bought Tunebite, mainly because It seems like a better program and It is 5 dollars less (though you don't get a hard copy)

here's the link: TUNEBITE converts protected WMA, M4A, M4B, M4P, WMV, M4V. Converter MP3, WMA, OGG, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, AC3, AU, MPEG4, MP4, AVI, 3GP, MOV, FLV ASF, DV, H.264, XVID, DIVX, 3IVX.

the program is $40 dollars ABSURDLY OVERPRICED, except for the fact that supply and demand take effect. It's a VERY small market for matters like this and they have a good product, that is 100% LEGAL and happens to work flawlessly, so why not charge $40 dollars.

if you would like Batman The Dark Knight already formatted for the storm, for free send me a pm about it.

BTW:

heres the link for information about digial copy as far as warner bros movies go:

about transferring to a device (which appears to be BS):

Hope that helps
    thank you so much for all those links. I am trying handbrake at the moment but will check those out as it is doing its thing.
    12-10-08 09:38 PM
    Digital Copy for the Dark Knight is Warner Bros. therefore its a Windows deal.... What I am having a problem with after its ripped and loaded onto my Storm is that the video is not there its some distorted green bar... its weird. Right now I am trying to convert to .avi and see what happens. I use handbrake also and it is a great tool if you get it to work right.
    I had the same problem.

Did you transfer the video to the storm via drag n drop?

if you did, the file shows up on the storm but when you hit play it should blank out and reboot the entire phone.. (that's what happened to me)

if you transfer the file via blackberry software it tells you it cannot transfer because the file is protected.
    12-10-08 09:39 PM
    thank you so much for all those links. I am trying handbrake at the moment but will check those out as it is doing its thing.
    np.

honestly its not worth spending the money on tunebite or the aggravation of attempting to convert it (which wont work btw but give it a shot)

if you want the dark knight already converted figure out a way for me to send it to you and i will
    12-10-08 09:41 PM
    You all do realize that Blu Ray movies aren't going to look any better than a DVD on a Storm, correct?

It doesn't have the resolution. Don't waste the space ripping a 1080p movie when you can rip a 480p and get the exact same thing.
    12-10-08 09:42 PM
    np.

honestly its not worth spending the money on tunebite or the aggravation of attempting to convert it (which wont work btw but give it a shot)

if you want the dark knight already converted figure out a way for me to send it to you and i will
    You got a PM my friend
    12-10-08 09:42 PM
    You all do realize that Blu Ray movies aren't going to look any better than a DVD on a Storm, correct?

It doesn't have the resolution. Don't waste the space ripping a 1080p movie when you can rip a 480p and get the exact same thing.
    Oh Definitely What we're saying is that we dont HAVE the DVD but only the Blu ray on hand
    12-10-08 09:48 PM

were talking about converting a digital copy that comes included (as a seperate disk) in the blu ray box
    12-10-08 10:09 PM
    This thread has been extremely helpful. With regards to DRM removal, I stumbled upon this software:
    doubleTwist | Home Page

Its a free download and it can be used to remove DRM's. I haven't tried it yet since I'm not at home on my home computer but I'll give it a shot once I get home and let you guys know what I find (probably won't be until later tonight).

Also as an FYI, Amazon does not have DRM's in any of their songs or movies so from here on out, if you can find a form of media that you want available on Amazon, get it there.

Overall, I have a better chance of finding media on iTunes but Amazon's selection is pretty large too.
    12-17-08 12:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD