Just tell him to stop.. trust me. If some chick told me to stop texting her, I would. No guy would pursue that
    Not all guys are like you and I. Some have no shame, no pride, no guts and no glory lulz. CHEERS!

On a serious note, if it bothers you that much then I'd go legal on his ***. Get a judge to put a restraining order on that mofo.
    01-20-09 01:16 PM
    i cant change my number, because chances are he will * get it from someone else, since we are in the same school..

and ive told him to back off im not interested, and hed stop for an hour, then say he cant help it..

the calls arent that bad, i can easily ignore.. but i dont like him blowing up my inbox with his text messages..
    threaten to call the police on him. that's harassment.
    01-20-09 01:17 PM
    options>security options>firewall>status enabled, except messages from contacts. if he is not a contact it will block him. just know that it will block anyone who is not listed under your contacts as well. good luck !
    01-20-09 04:01 PM
    I have mine set to only accept sms from people in my address book. This way is free and lets you decide who can and cannot call you or contact you.

Options -> Security Options -> Firewall

Firewall

Block incoming messages:

[ ] SMS

[ ] MMS

[ ] PIN

[ ] Blackberry Internet Service

[ ] Enterprise Email

Except messages from

[ ] Address Book Contacts

[ ] Specific Addresses
    You are awesome. I never knew that this existed.

I have been receiving text messages from an ex who just isn't getting the message that I don't want any contact with him. I went to the police and they told me to change my number or ignore the messages. I didn't like the answer they gave because (1) Why should I have to suffer the inconvenience of having to change a number that I have had for over 5 years and (2) What are my hard earned tax payer dollars going to when I can't even get a police officer to call an ***** and scare him into leaving me alone? (Not that the police don't have anything better to do with their time, but come on, one tiny little phone call).

I followed the directions above and did some tests with a friend and it really did work. Thank you, thank you, thank you. It won't stop him from texting me but at least I want have to know that he did it.
    01-20-09 05:10 PM
    u can un add her from ur contacts and then block all texts from non contacts in ur firewall. there u go
    01-20-09 05:21 PM
    post his number up here and have everyone text him and blow up his inbox...if we know his carrier we can send annomynous text from computers and such
    01-20-09 05:26 PM
    haha ... I was thinking the same.
    01-20-09 06:11 PM
    I would say that the issue you are having isn't with the Storm. I can't think of any device that would solve the issue that you are having. Also, if you've never talked to him, how did he get your information? If someone that you know gave it to him then maybe you should get new friends. You've been given a lot of great tips and information here, now it's time for your parents to take control of the situation and handle it.
    01-20-09 06:12 PM
    I would say that the issue you are having isn't with the Storm. I can't think of any device that would solve the issue that you are having. Also, if you've never talked to him, how did he get your information? If someone that you know gave it to him then maybe you should get new friends. You've been given a lot of great tips and information here, now it's time for your parents to take control of the situation and handle it.
    .. he overheard me giving my number to my friend in health.. hhaa loserrr.

but yes, i see where your coming from ty.
    01-20-09 08:46 PM
    I have mine set to only accept sms from people in my address book. This way is free and lets you decide who can and cannot call you or contact you.

Firewall

Block incoming messages:

[ ] SMS

[ ] MMS

[ ] PIN

[ ] Enterprise Email

Except messages from

[ ] Specific Addresses
    You rock! Thanks!!
    03-18-09 07:04 PM

Firewall

Block incoming messages:

[ ] SMS

[ ] MMS

[ ] PIN

[ ] Enterprise Email

Except messages from

[ ] Specific Addresses
    It is not quite free. Anyone who does this should be aware that you are still charged for the text messages (or they count against your text message package if you have one). The phone still receives them, it just blocks them from showing in your inbox.
    03-18-09 07:54 PM
    XO, just a couple of things. Firstly, my daughter had to deal with this at High School (Illinois). We reported it to the Headmaster and he called the police. A Detective was sent to the school who simply had a chat with the young lad and the harassment stopped - nice and simple.

Secondly, I have been using Calls Blocker which is a completely free application. Just make sure you set permissions to 'Allow' - or it will not work.
    You just enter the phone number(s) separated by commas and that's it!

The call is put directly through to Voicemail. My voicemail is YouMail ) Voicemail You Love and I can set the offending phone number up in YouMail to just give a 'number unobtainable' tone - or not allow the caller to leave a VM.

Good Luck!
    Last edited by bbsean; 03-18-09 at 08:24 PM.
    03-18-09 08:20 PM
    Just change the Verizon text nickname. Once you do this only people that know your nickname @vtext.com can send you text messages.
    03-18-09 08:31 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD