I'm not sure exactly what happened. I've had the BB Storm since Christmas 2008, and it's worked great up until this morning.

I looked at my phone, turned it on, and the screen was blank. It remained blank, but it still played the sounds that inform me of new text messages, e-mails, etc. The red light indicating new incoming mail or SMS was even flashing.

I tried calling my phone through the land line, and yep, it got through. So it's just a problem with the screen or something?

I've dropped it a few times since December, but I would think if that was the cause it wouldn't have waited till now? I tried resetting batteries, etc., but nothing. Just a disfunctioning,functioning phone.

I figured my only option was to call up Verizon, but without insurance or any warranty (that I'm aware of) is it worth it? Am I going to have to buy a new phone?

Thanks to all who could answer my question!
    08-03-09 04:36 PM
    It's covered under warranty for 1 yr. If you take it to a Verizon Store, the ywill likely replace it for free, so you may wan to see if you can do a backup in DM before you go.

Before you go in, have you installed any new software on it that could be causing problems? Will it boot up in safe mode (pull battery, hold down the back button through the boot up process)?
    08-03-09 04:45 PM
    It's covered under warranty for 1 yr. If you take it to a Verizon Store, the ywill likely replace it for free, so you may wan to see if you can do a backup in DM before you go.

Before you go in, have you installed any new software on it that could be causing problems? Will it boot up in safe mode (pull battery, hold down the back button through the boot up process)?
    Thanks for the reply, grey!

That makes me feel a little better.

To answer your question, I have installed several new software, such as Pandora and what ever new updates my BB tells me are available. Everything I downloaded is from the BlackBerry Application store. I'm not sure if any of those could be causing problems, since I have not installed any of these within 7 days.

It will not boot up in safe mode.

Again, thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it!
    08-03-09 04:54 PM
    Your welcome. If it were my phone, I'd back up the data in DM (assuming you can with your blank screen), back up the 3rd party apps (http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...-4-7-a-125449/ ) and head to verizon.
    08-03-09 06:31 PM
    Was there a solution to this problem? I'm experiencing the exact same thing and it sucks!
    09-15-09 09:02 PM
    When he asked about software I think he meant the OS. If you bring it into a VZW store, make sure .148 or .75 is the OS on the phone.
    09-15-09 09:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD