I set up my email via the email application on myBB Storm. It worked fine for a few weeks when I started getting a blank email on my Storm for each email I received on my account. There aren't any wierd emails in my account and Outlook is pop'ing my email just fine.

I've removed the account from my Storm, re-added it, still getting them. Hard resets in between. Reset BB to factory default, still getting them. I also upgraded to .132 and it's still happening.

I also spoke to our sever admin and he said nothings been changed on the server. Anyone have any other ideas? I'm thinking of wiping my Storm entirely an re-installingn .132.

Thanks!

ETA: These are text and HTML emails.
    Last edited by tongo; 05-24-09 at 04:30 PM.
    05-24-09 04:13 PM
    Wiped OS completely, deleted email account on BIS website, reinstalled OS, recreated email account on BIS, still getting blank emails. No from, no subject, no body. Text emails for testing so no HTML emails. Different email account's on the same email server work fine.

This is killin me.
    05-24-09 08:46 PM
    ...This is killin me.
    Hope u get reply 2day.
    05-25-09 09:32 AM
    Are u adding and removing email acct on the BIS site? Do that instead of on the phone. Something is wrong with the way RIM is communicating with ur BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 12:50 PM
    I noticed a few of these and just deleted them, figuring it was some kind of spam. But now that I think of it, I don't think they were showing up in my Outlook at work. Odd. Can't help ya but I'll be watching the thread for answers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 01:25 PM
    I was adding/removing from the BIS site. Wasn't helping.

I've since fixed the problem if not figured it out. I logged into my Groupwise account using the actuall Groupwise client. I moved ALL of the emails from my inbox to a temp folder and it was fixed. Not sure if it was a bad email or if the inbox just needed to be cleared/reset.

FYI, to recap, I was receiving a blank message for each valid email that was sent to my account. I NEVER recieved a "good" email until I cleared my inbox. I'm going to start adding emails back into the inbox and see if I can find a "bad" email that caused this.

Anywho, I think I'll keep the BB Storm for now . If you run into this problem, clearing all of your emails from you account (move them into a temp folder) should do the trick.
    05-25-09 02:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD