hi everyone, i am from belgium and i have a blackberry 9530 from verizon but my provider is "Base". I got the phone from my wife and she get it from america but it is a used one. I can use my phone but just i can call and sms etc.... but the most important thing doesn't work "internet". I have a bb dataplan but on the phone it doesn't work. I thought its was locked but because i can call and stuff i think its unlocked. I called alot of times at my provider but they think he is locked for internet.
    Can any1 help me plz??
    02-12-10 01:18 PM
    I assume you use a SIM card with your provider, so it is a GSM network. Are you sure you have the correct service books for your provider on the phone instead of those from Verizon (if it is already unlocked) to be able to access the Internet/browser?

This is how to tell if the phone is unlocked

On your BlackBerry, go to Options > Advanced Options > Sim Card.

At that screen type MEPD on your keyboard. A new menu will pop up.

Look for Network in the list.

If your device is "unlocked", it should say Disabled or Inactive. If it says Active, it's still locked to that carrier.

If it is not unlocked, there is a forum on here called Blackberry Unlocking that can help you, or some posters here from the different companies.
    02-12-10 01:31 PM
    It's clearly unlocked or you would't be able to make calls. Service books are your problem. You would need to install them manually because your carrier does not support the 9530. Here is how to do that, http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-106023/

However you will need Base service books, which I don't have. If you have another BlackBerry that is working on that network, we can extract a copy from it and use them on the Storm. If so, send me a pm and we'll get together and I'll walk you through it.
    02-12-10 01:35 PM
    Hey pltaylor - just wanted to say "THANK YOU" for the great write-up and how-to on using the Storm1 on a gsm carrier. Your information was just what I was looking for and it works great.

cottino - pltaylor is the guy that will get you up and running for sure!
    02-12-10 04:10 PM
    Have you checked with your provider (Base) that they have the correct PIN and IMEI set up in their BIS provisioning system? If they don't, it won't work right.
    02-12-10 07:47 PM
    Hey pltaylor - just wanted to say "THANK YOU" for the great write-up and how-to on using the Storm1 on a gsm carrier. Your information was just what I was looking for and it works great.

cottino - pltaylor is the guy that will get you up and running for sure!
    As reading and putting attention to the post we can figure out the problem has been fixed!!
    02-13-10 01:08 AM
    I don't see how, "shfjcs" isn't the original poster. "cottino" is.
    02-13-10 08:13 AM
    hi everyone, i am from belgium and i have a blackberry 9530 from verizon but my provider is "Base". I got the phone from my wife and she get it from america but it is a used one. I can use my phone but just i can call and sms etc.... but the most important thing doesn't work "internet". I have a bb dataplan but on the phone it doesn't work. I thought its was locked but because i can call and stuff i think its unlocked. I called alot of times at my provider but they think he is locked for internet.
    Can any1 help me plz??
    Need to have the service books from your carrier manually loaded with Desktop Manager.
    02-13-10 11:32 AM
    !!!!!!!!!!!
    02-13-10 12:46 PM
    !!!!!!!!!!!
    ????????????
    02-13-10 01:20 PM
    hi.
    im in the same situation as the guy above except that i'm in jordan and the gsm carrier is zain jordan. I know someone who has the storm like me. how do i take the settings from her phone?
    Many thanks
    02-15-10 11:03 AM
    Desktop Manager>backup (other device)

Desktop Manager>advanced>service books> (your device)
    02-15-10 11:12 AM
    upload the correct service books
    02-16-10 12:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD