I want to be able to type address info into my Mac and transfer it to my Storm. I assumed that the disk that came with it "Blackberry User Tools" would provide that software and since it did not autoload I explored the disk and saw a folder for OS X. I booted that and got a "licensing screen" where you have to put in name and organization and "Serial Number" (refer to your packaging to obtain serial number) WHAT serial number are they referring to?
    There's nothing on the CD sleeve that it takes. Now, I don't even know what tools are there, can anyone tell me? am I better off with other software for the Mac to interface with my Storm (Verizon). I am hearing that Apple is working on software to be released soon to allow the Storm to communicate with Mac OS.

Anyone have any answers for me? I searched the forums and could not find this addressed before.

Thanks
    Ray
    12-04-08 10:33 PM
    Hello,
    You cant use those CD's with your mac. You need windows for those. BUT-- you dont need them. Download the "PocketMac" app from the BB site and it will sync your mac contacts just fine! (And lots of other stuff too...yes iTunes also but not stuff you buy on iTunes, just your own loaded music)

Pocketmac is free and works but others prefer a more refined app called "Missing Sync". I am new and have only used PocketMAc and am very happy! Syncs contacts great!

You will first need to go into your BB and click the "enable mass storage" option (or something like that, its very easy) and when you connect to the mac you will know you did it right because 2 drives will appear on your desktop as blackberry's (one is the sim card and one is the berry itself)

Trust me, you have to do that first or you will wonder---what's wrong!!!!

Long Live Mac. ...and Blackberry!
    Last edited by mfoster7; 12-04-08 at 11:19 PM.
    12-04-08 11:16 PM
    Hey I could use some help with PocketMac also, it must be something with my mac (macbook pro 9 months old). Every time I try too open PocketMac the application freezes and I have to force quit it. I've deleted it and reinstalled it a few time and nothing.

Any advice?
    12-05-08 01:44 AM
    Hey I could use some help with PocketMac also, it must be something with my mac (macbook pro 9 months old). Every time I try too open PocketMac the application freezes and I have to force quit it. I've deleted it and reinstalled it a few time and nothing.

Any advice?
    Try uninstalling, restarting your computer, redownloading it and then re-installing. Make sure to download the newest version, because the older version won't work with the storm.
    12-05-08 01:50 AM
    Thanks I'll try that (again lol)

Also something weird: I didn't think it had ever synced anything but a few of my contacts that were only on my phone are now in my address book.

Will it make any difference if I synced the BB to my mom's PC? I've had a few problems with my BB storm and had to wipe it 2 or 3 times per vzw tech support...

This is my first BB and mac lol its not looking good but I love both!
    12-05-08 01:57 AM
    Still didn't work. Problem isn't getting it to sync with the storm its getting the program to open without needing to be force quitted
    12-05-08 02:33 AM
    Still didn't work. Problem isn't getting it to sync with the storm its getting the program to open without needing to be force quitted
    are you letting it load when you click it to open? PocketMac is a terrible program, i honestly feel its more trouble then its worth in a sense because even when you get it working only about 60% of the functions that the program was meant to have actually work. So your better off with either getting MissingSync from MarkSpace.com or Looking into getting a copy of windows to run on your mac
    12-05-08 04:30 AM
    At first I didn't like Pocketmac at all. Now that I've used the Windows version and Pocketmac, I must admit I like the sync better with Pocketmac. It's faster and I don't end up having to answer dozens of sync "questions". OTOH, Pocketmac cannot back up my BB so I use Pocketmac to sync at home, then I let MobileMe sync my data to the cloud, and I use the Windows BB software at the office to back up my phone now and then. Every now and then I think about Missing Sync but I probably will stick with PocketMac. I do think we should push RIM to offer a way to back up our phones on OS X and offer a way to install a new OS on OS X instead of forcing everybody to deal with windows for these necessary features.
    12-05-08 06:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD