Hey guys so I have the Blackberry storm 9530 and its been working fine for a long time now. A few hours ago i dropped it and it wont click in on the screen.
    I can touch the screen and the icons will light up but if I try and click it in it feels like the screen has sunken in too deep and it wont click in. If i instert the thin metal things that stick out from the battery cover the screen will pop out and i can click it in but it wont pop back out. can somebody please tell me how to fix this?
    THANKS GUYS!!
    12-26-09 03:12 AM
    It sounds like something you would have to send back as a warranty claim if you have insurance. You're lucky that the phone didn't become more damaged. I've heard of Storm devices (first and second gen) falling from no more than mere inches and the screen simply detonating. So, again, you're lucky.

If you don't have insurance, your only two options are to buy a new phone or disassemble and fix this one. Warning, disassembling your phone voids the warranty and is dangerous if you don't know what you're doing.
    12-26-09 08:40 AM
    To clarify - its not a warranty claim; you have to go thru insurance. Stillborn's post could confuse.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-09 05:09 PM
    Yes it sounds like phyical damage. You will most likely need to do an insurance claim.
    12-26-09 05:39 PM
    To clarify - its not a warranty claim; you have to go thru insurance. Stillborn's post could confuse.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I did say insurance, but insurance companies verify that you haven't voided your warranty before they will touch the device.

If you have destroyed or removed the warranty stickers, for example, even if it is damage from dropping the device, they will not fix it and they will charge you full price for the replacement phone they charged you.

So, yes, it will have to go through your insurance company if you are paying for it. But if you void the warranty, you will not be able to send it in to them.
    12-26-09 06:16 PM
    insurance doesnt care what happened to the phone... voided warranty or not. You could probably say "I got really PO'd and chucked it at a wall, then burned the broken pieces and pissed on them afterwards", because - bottomline - the device is broken, which they cover. They may not want the device back, but they should replace it regardless.

I speak only about Asurion based on my experience with them, since I don't know about other companies.
    Last edited by seVer916; 12-27-09 at 10:36 AM.
    12-27-09 10:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD