This is the issue with the Blackberry Activation.
    I have been at 98% complete since yesterday, it shows that the �Time Zone� action is still initializing. This has persisted through phone power cycles as well. Any guess how I can get that taken care of so it can complete Activation?
    11-26-08 01:30 PM
    Assuming you're talking about BES activation, I had (have?) the exact same issue. I did a battery pull after letting it hang for an hour or so at 97% with only "Time Zone" left to initialize. Then I started the activation back up at it got to 97% quickly but hung there again. By this point, I was already seeing my corporate emails and other data.

I think I did another battery pull at that point and left it alone so the BES activation program was no longer running. A quick call to my IT department confirmed that my account was fine. It's possible I'm missing out on whatever "Time Zones" gets me, but I'm not sure what that would be.
    11-26-08 01:55 PM
    I am running BlackBerry Professional Software 4.1, and we just purchased 3 new Bolds from AT&T. We kicked off the activation process on the first one, and 2 days later it is still hanging on 98%, with the only thing left being the Time Zone stuff...

Everything seems to be working fine, but it still hasn't completed the activation process. And I have 2 more Bolds that need to be activated still.

Has anyone found a resolution to this problem?

-Derek
    01-28-09 12:22 PM
    I am running BlackBerry Professional Software 4.1, and we just purchased 3 new Bolds from AT&T. We kicked off the activation process on the first one, and 2 days later it is still hanging on 98%, with the only thing left being the Time Zone stuff...

Everything seems to be working fine, but it still hasn't completed the activation process. And I have 2 more Bolds that need to be activated still.

Has anyone found a resolution to this problem?

-Derek
    Derek, I am having this issue as well. What solution did you come up with?
    03-12-09 09:58 PM
    This happens to us at work all the time, not sure what is the specific issue, but here are the steps we do:
    have the client cancel the activation, delete the account form the BES, readd to BES, the have him do the activation again. this works for all all the time.
    05-08-09 07:47 AM
    The latest MR for SP6 has the fix for this issue (along with some security fixes.) I haven't had trouble with this since I loaded it. This is for BES, don't know the BPS revision history.
    05-08-09 08:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD