Well, for starters, my experience with smart phones are the following...both Iphone generations, Motorola Q, I760, HTC Touch, Pearl and the Curve. I read these threads now and then to see whats up and coming and to get good tips. If I am a small minority that likes the Storm as it is today, bare with me my thoughts on why I like it.
    Historically, no phone has lived up to the hype it generates. I think most would agree with that statement. So I have had the Storm for two months and have done every software update. Slowly but surely, it's getting there( I hope it gets there eventually) no one really knows. When I first bought the Storm, I experienced the same frustration I had with every smart phone mentioned above. I see that there are many that are going back to the Curve and that is all good...it's a great phone that gets the job done. If you are looking for a stable smart phone with really no wow factor, the curve will last you the rest of your life. The bottom line, the wow factor that touch screens bring starting with the Iphone in mind, has created a curiosity with many users. I often ask myself, why is it so cool to touch an icon rather then touch an actual physical key. Lets face it, most of us say that we want stable phones yet in reality, we do want the latest and greatest with wow factor when the general public says it's cool. It's human nature to go with novelty.
    When I had the Pearl, I thought it was a good phone that did everything pretty well. I get the curve and i am in cell phone heaven wanting for nothing because with the curve, it covered almost every basic need I need...decent web browsing, Youtube, Media, Camera and vidoe, email and good call quality just to name a few. So why did I buy the Storm I ask...well, the novelty is there and will be there till it is clear that Rim will no longer update the phone. Could I live with the Storm if Rim stopped with .86? To be honest? Yes I could. As time goes by, I get less excited about any phone....older and wiser? Maybe.
    In the two months I have had the Storm, it has done what I need it to do. It gives me the novelty cool factor as silly as that sounds. It makes phone calls like my curve did and receives e-mail like it as well. So where does it fall short if anyone were to ask me. I would say something silly like.." I can only type about 95percent as fast as I did with the Curve and the other phones", "I don't like waiting a half second more for something in the menu to appear", " the camera takes great pictures but it is slow", "browsing the web is not as good as my laptop on wifi". In summary, ask yourself what are the real reasons you are dumping the Storm and compare the pro's and con's of going back to the Curve for the sake of this question. Is the Storm really as bad as you say it is once you compare it to the choices that are out there? Really be honest with yourself when you go through your pro's and con's list. For me, I have decided to keep the Storm regardless of it's flaws. If rim stops updating the software after .86, I will still use it till the next great phone comes out and buy that one. Life is too short for me to go anal on a cell phone....it's just a phone my friends and a good one at that.
    01-14-09 01:08 AM
    wow. That is a long post. I skipped to then and I agree with you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 01:28 AM
    Best phone I've ever had and .86 has made it even better.
    01-14-09 01:35 AM
    Great phone with a lot of potential. It will take a little bit of time but I m happy with it
    01-14-09 01:47 AM
    FYI it hasn't even been 2 months....lol
    01-14-09 01:51 AM
    This is my first BlackBerry, all in all I love this phone. Sure, I cuss at it from time to time but it's a brand new phone and a new concept to RIM. Tons of potential, especially after a few more bugs get worked out. I am very impressed with all you can do on a BlackBerry. I may be a BB user for life.
    01-14-09 01:53 AM
    iam finally learning the blackberry learning curve!! its taking awhile but learning slowly!! its a nice phone when you know what your doing, and once they do fix the remaining bugs it will be one of verizons best phone out period!!!
    01-14-09 01:56 AM
    I am one of the ones who absolutely loves it. I am SO happy with all of the various settings you can tweak, as opposed to being bothered by them like the masses who post negative reviews here. I am addicted to my CrackBerry and proud of it!

01-14-09 02:31 AM
    Wall of text.

01-14-09 02:47 AM
    I have my Storm exactly one month today and so far, I really love my Storm. Prior to that, I had a Nextel (dumb) phone.

I haven't experience any of the problems you folks are having. I'm still running .75 and not brave enough to upgrade to any OS leaks.

Can't wait for future official updates to make my Storm even better.
    01-14-09 03:01 AM
    I couldn't agree with you anymore femiesp! Peoples expected standards can be unrealistic at times...

01-14-09 03:02 AM
    Love it and am not interested in anything else.
    01-14-09 06:13 AM
    I too am a big fan of this phone now. Originally I was a little rough on it but .75 has made a big difference in how I feel about it.

Once point though on the web browser. It is still way to slow. I have owned many many smartphones and for some reason the storm is the slowest I've owned of all of them.
    01-14-09 06:19 AM
    The Storm is my first smart phone and I love it. I have had it since release day. I would love to see more apps, but I can live without them.
    01-14-09 06:53 AM
    I can't put my Storm down. It has a lot of potential and is well on its way. I really like it and will be holding on to my Storm
    01-14-09 07:00 AM
    Love my Storm.

01-14-09 07:19 AM
    I've had mine since launch, done every software update, and I've loved it since day one. My phone doesn't have the click problem or some of the other problems that people report. I
    only think this phone is going to get better as time goes by as well, with more updates along with the app store.

01-14-09 07:24 AM
    This is my first Blackberry (and first post) but I've been reading all the love/hate posts on the Storm with interest but I have to agree with Ferniesp, this is a good phone and I am a fully converted Blackberry lover. Maybe if I had grown up on the Curve or Pearl, I would have more to say but you have to imagine there are a lot of us newbie Blackberry owners out there due to the Storm, and we are loving it. We may not know any better but it gets really old hearing how bad this phone is.
    01-14-09 07:29 AM
    It is good to see I am not the only one that likes the Storm. After all the rants about 2, 3, or 4 returns and hating it I thought I was alone. Actually if I had learned to use Outlook in stead of the Palm Desktop that came with my Treo there would be very few complaints.
    01-14-09 08:16 AM
    Im thinking my phone rules, I need to get some food, Im hungry, I should stop surfing this site so much, its become boring with nothing new, new applications need to start coming out, what am I going to do in the summer to keep my phone safe, why do I live where the temp will kill you, will Terminator 4 be any good, once my data comes down...will the error be fixed, when will my new earphones be in the mailbox.......
    01-14-09 08:21 AM
    the Storm is my first blackberry so I don't know if its BB love or Storm love, but I love it!
    01-14-09 08:30 AM
    How can you tell if your storn is running 86?
    01-14-09 08:34 AM
    I LOVE MY STORM. I have had other Blackberrys and Windows Mobile Devices. I (knock on wood) have not had any major issues and haven't had a need to return this one. This is the first phone I have had that does what I need it to do. I spend hours in Viigo. When I am not doing that, I am listening to music on my bluetooth headset. It's nice to have a phone that does it all!!!! I am sure my family misses me though........
    01-14-09 08:36 AM
    iam still kind of dissapointed with it, it has only 2.5gb of download attachment, you can even log into verizonwireless.com on it??, bad memory leaks, i can go on and on!! but alot of you know its not all that, iam thinking about the omnia again
    01-14-09 08:41 AM
    I have to say it is a big step up from my 8700 Blackberry. I got it on opening day, it has been pretty reliable except for random reboots that seem to be associated with Blackberry Messenger. The suretype remains annoying to me, but I am getting the hang of it, although MUCH slower for entry than the 8700.
    01-14-09 08:47 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD