Does anyone else's storm screen seem a little wiggly?
    11-22-08 03:19 PM
    This is widely known.
    11-22-08 03:20 PM
    Search around, its because the screen needs room to move.. its very minimal and is "necessary".
    11-22-08 03:20 PM
    mine seems to have alot of play in it. it actually makes it feel cheap in my opinion.
    11-22-08 03:35 PM
    i dont notice it at all. not one bit
    11-22-08 03:37 PM
    This is my first post. It's supposed to wiggle a bit. You have nothing to worry about; this is not a defect.
    11-22-08 03:38 PM
    I went down to verizon today just to play with that phone a little. The "floating" screen was the first thing that I noticed that did not appeal to me at all. The next thing that I noticed was the GPS is still proprietary to VZ branded apps. The next thing that I found was the phone had about 5.6MB of free file remaining. Bottom line is there is not $200 worth of phone there to take that plunge again.
    11-22-08 03:43 PM
    Doesn't bother me a bit, necessary for the surepress
    11-22-08 03:44 PM
    It's supposes to wiggle a bit. If you say it doesn't, you lie.
    11-22-08 03:48 PM
    How noticeable is it? Ive heard some say its a huge drawback, others that it is minimal. I guess the bottom line is, they figured out a way to give a touchscreen keyboard the ability to at least sort of "feel" like a physical keyboard. I think I personally wouldnt mind a little wiggle if it meant putting down the stylus.
    11-22-08 04:00 PM
    How noticeable is it? Ive heard some say its a huge drawback, others that it is minimal. I guess the bottom line is, they figured out a way to give a touchscreen keyboard the ability to at least sort of "feel" like a physical keyboard. I think I personally wouldnt mind a little wiggle if it meant putting down the stylus.
    You can't even notice it unless you physically put your hand on the pad and move it up and down using some force. It will not move if you're doing normal scrolling. I don't get how it can even be a major drawback..?
    11-22-08 04:02 PM
    It is not as noticable as you would think. In fact it is not a bother to me and it does not make the phone feel cheap.

Not sure why someone is complaining about a demo only have 5.6 megs free expecially if they dont know what all was or has been running and everything else about it.

As for the gps being locked this is also a widely known bit of information. I dont mind vznavigator and in fact use it a bit. But the 9.99 a month should be something like 2.99 or 3.99 a month IMO.
    11-22-08 04:04 PM
    It is not as noticable as you would think. In fact it is not a bother to me and it does not make the phone feel cheap.

Not sure why someone is complaining about a demo only have 5.6 megs free expecially if they dont know what all was or has been running and everything else about it.

As for the gps being locked this is also a widely known bit of information. I dont mind vznavigator and in fact use it a bit. But the 9.99 a month should be something like 2.99 or 3.99 a month IMO.
    That was after clearing the browser cache and pulling the battery.
    11-22-08 04:07 PM
    All of the buttons on my 8830 wiggle. No big deal there. As for light leaking through the screen gap, the same thing happens around the default Blackberry buttons (call, menu, escape & end) of my 8830. If you look at it that way, how are these "issues" with the Storm any different that other Blackberries? If I were a RIM engineer, that's how I would look at it.

-SR-
    11-22-08 04:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD