Hi to all in the crackberry community, I am a relatively new user(joined in late june when I received my storm) and i have a question bout the capabilities of the storm as a mobile gaming platform....The other day I was in my local verizon and I started toying around with the LG Envy Touch.. during my time with the device I played a very fast paced and 3d graphic rich mobile version of need for speed(the one from the commercials lol) I have two questions..1.Is this same exact game available on the storm? 2.If not is the storm capable of games like this or better? ...
    07-28-09 07:30 PM
    I hate to say it, but if you want a phone that will play games your best bet is going to be the iPhone.
    07-28-09 08:41 PM
    Yes. I believe the one available for the Storm is the same version. I dunno. I am guessing it is also capable since it is available.

Bplay - Get games for your BlackBerry in just three steps
    07-28-09 08:49 PM
    I know the iphone is capable of those type of graphics but the envy touch isn't even a smartphone so I figured if it could run those type of applications then shouldnt the storm which is more powerful be able to run things like that even better? I didnt purchase my storm to replace my psp or ds but it would be nice to get some better quality games on my storm(which i love) ...thankx for the feedback guys
    07-28-09 10:06 PM
    I am glad you brought this up. While it may not be RIMS direct focus at this point, they did build this hardware to accel great graphics. The thing about the storm is since its new technology to their world the software hasn't caught up with its hardware. But its interesting to see your phone improve things with each update allowing you to experience the phones potential ad its software grows. In conclusion yes I believe the storm is capable of amazing game graphics but its up to game developers to take that dive. The phones fairly new but I'm sure they will eventually allow access to storms full potential.
    07-28-09 10:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD