ok.
    this is my first post and i dont know if its posted somewhere else but here it goes.

i got the storm on verizon for xmas. love it. my dads paying 30 bucks a month for a data plan which is prob unlimited. ive been using the web browser for about 15 days because it never said that typical message "additional charges may apply". its probably added up to between 30 min and an hour and 30 min. so i want to know
    1. will i be charged?
    2. how is what i will be charged determined?(ive heard that its by mb but how many mbs are typically used on a page?)
    3. how much would you guess that i will be charged?

Please guys i need some serious responses im ****in' bricks here.
    Thanx
    01-12-09 03:38 PM
    ok.
    this is my first post and i dont know if its posted somewhere else but here it goes.

i got the storm on verizon for xmas. love it. my dads paying 30 bucks a month for a data plan which is prob unlimited. ive been using the web browser for about 15 days because it never said that typical message "additional charges may apply". its probably added up to between 30 min and an hour and 30 min. so i want to know
    1. will i be charged?
    2. how is what i will be charged determined?(ive heard that its by mb but how many mbs are typically used on a page?)
    3. how much would you guess that i will be charged?

Please guys i need some serious responses im ****in' bricks here.
    Thanx
    #data on your phone and Verizon will send you a free text, stay below 5GB and you should have no problems. Use mine alot and am only at 25.66 mb
    01-12-09 03:52 PM
    you could check the verizon site for their plans! web you are ok, sms & mms depends on the rest of your plan
    01-12-09 03:54 PM
    the blackberry data plan is for unlimited use and I'm pretty sure all blackberrys are on that plan
    01-12-09 03:56 PM
    ok but what does the option to pay 50 bucks a month include if not the internet. because i know you have to pay the 30 bucks a month to just own the phone. does the 50 dollar option include the blackberry maps and vz nzvigator?. i just dont understand what the extra 20 buck would be for if not for the internet
    01-12-09 04:06 PM
    ok but what does the option to pay 50 bucks a month include if not the internet. because i know you have to pay the 30 bucks a month to just own the phone. does the 50 dollar option include the blackberry maps and vz nzvigator?. i just dont understand what the extra 20 buck would be for if not for the internet
    Are you talking about the difference between the two internet plans. The more expensive one is for BES and the other is for BIS.

Which way are you using it. Through work or the verizon page.
    01-12-09 04:09 PM
    not through work. im 17. through our family plan; no business plan or anything like that.
    01-12-09 04:40 PM
    That is the difference, business plan is higher.
    01-12-09 04:42 PM
    How do you know how many Mb's you are at on your data plan?
    01-12-09 05:21 PM
    so if i dont have a business plan and am paying 30 bucks a month for a data plan, then i can use the web browser all i want for free?
    01-12-09 05:25 PM
    How do you know how many Mb's you are at on your data plan?
    Log onto your account at verizon wireless and you can see your stats for min used, Mbs used, text used and so on
    01-12-09 05:27 PM
    It should be included w/ your plan. Whenever you activate a BB device on Verizon you have to get the data plan so whatever browsing you did is part of the plan. You shouldn't get charged any more than what your data plan is
    01-12-09 06:41 PM
    so what everyone is saying is that if i have a bb storm and pay a 30 dollar monthly fee for the data plan (not business) then i can use the web browser for free?
    01-13-09 02:22 PM
    Yes the 30 BB plan is unlimited, it includes unlimited email, and web browsing, it does NOT include SMS text messages, BUT IM's such as BBM, Yahoo, and AIM are considered data and NOT SMS text.

While the data allowed is unlimited VZW defines abuse of data as using more than 5GBs of data a month. They don't charge you if you go over, HOWEVER they can cancel your account, BUT they never do on the first time over. It's VERY difficult to go over 5GBs. I am an extremely heavy data user, email, IMs, much browsing, PLUS data intensive streaming of radio & TV, and I still was only able to use just over 1 GB in a month. This month I'm only at 250MBs after 2 weeks. You should be fine.
    01-13-09 02:32 PM
    so what everyone is saying is that if i have a bb storm and pay a 30 dollar monthly fee for the data plan (not business) then i can use the web browser for free?
    Yes, you get unlimited data which includes the browser, unlimited web email (gmail, yahoo, blackberry, etc), and unlimited messenger data (hotmail, yahoo, gtalk, AIM).

You're all good. The $50 plan you're probably thinking of is only when you get the BB Storm w/o a voice plan. You also have to pay extra if you want to use it as a tethered modem (to access internet on a laptop/desktop). SMS and MMS messages are extra as well.
    01-13-09 02:34 PM
    That pretty much sums it up.

There is a soft cap of 5GB per month. You can go over a few times but I think if you go way over or make a habit out of it, they will think you are using your phone for "other" activities and penalize you.

If you want to know how much data you have used and when your billing period ends. Dial #3282 (DATA) and Verizon will send you a free text with all your data usage info.
    01-13-09 02:36 PM
    alright guys thanx for all the help. the bb forums are fuxkin nice dude. Real quick responses too
    01-13-09 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD