So i took apart my Storm 9530 because it was having some problems continuously rebooting, so i though maybe i could do some trial and error.

So i took apart the whole phone all the way to the board, then i put in the back casing and put in the battery and it started to work, the phone actually booted up. I didn't have any problems with the continuous reboot loop. But as soon as i put it back together and turned it off, then the continuous reboot loop comes back into play.

I'm stuck here and don't know which way to go with it.

Edit: Even when the phone is taken apart and it turns on, the screen's touch/push barely works.
    I think it may be the screen possibly?

Edit 2: The "END" button doesn't work at all.

Help is appreciated!
    Thanks
    Last edited by BBstorm508; 06-24-10 at 08:35 AM. Reason: added info
    06-24-10 08:09 AM
    I am not sure taking the phone apart was the first way to go. If the PC recognizes your phone you could back up your data and try wiping the phone and reinstalling the OS....If it stuck in the blinking redlight part of rebooting you could try to start in safe mode....start bb storm in safe mode
    06-24-10 09:13 AM
    Taking apart the phone was my last resort, i had another blackberry with a cracked screen so i just off the screen in my phone and put it into the other one. Except now that phone doesn't work, leading me to think that the screen has something to do with it.

The screens are both the same versions.

I'll try wiping the device and go from there.

But help is still appreciated.
    Thanks
    06-24-10 11:41 AM
    If you know how to do all that you probably know more about the phone than I do.
    06-24-10 11:52 AM
    Well it was real easy so i took a shot at it.. Do you think it could be the screen?

The phone boots up when its out of its case, but once you put it in and you take the battery out, it wont boot up.

Thanks
    06-24-10 11:56 AM
    Hmm, How about just replacing it under warranty (OBVIOUS factory defect) be sure to use the warranty and not Asurion (Insurance) . No charge and at least you could get a Storm that will boot up. Undoubtedly it'll be a refurbished one, but at least you'll be able to use it.
    06-24-10 02:31 PM
    i dont have warranty left on it, i bought it off some guy
    06-24-10 02:39 PM
    i dont have warranty left on it, i bought it off some guy
    I did the same, and my VZW warranty covered the phone. If you're a smooth talker you may be able to get them to send you one without even mentioning your warranty expiration. Just flat out tell them you want a replacement phone. And by all means do not tell em you took it apart. LOL. I know it was fun doing so though.
    06-24-10 04:12 PM
    yeah takin it apart was the fun part haha, but ill try that thanks alot man.
    06-24-10 08:22 PM
    Not a problem. I hope everything works out for you. Lemme know how it goes. L8rz
    06-24-10 09:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD