So I got the new Storm on Friday and spent a good part of the day adding applications and contacts, I know I could have had them all transferred over at the store but I was bored. So last night, I plugged the storm into my computer and started the desktop manager. It showed a new update which was a Core 4.7 applications update.. So I proceeded to install it. I noticed that it said that certain things were being deleted and when I attempted to stop it, it was too late so I decided to continue with it. After if went thru its things, it reloaded and started fresh. I had to go thru the initial setup at the eomplyee did at the store. I lost all my contacts, the application station button, the VZ navigator application, the password save application, the games and several others. How would I get these back? And how would i check to see if there is anything else missing that I need? Please anyone with any information on this please help....thanks!
    11-24-08 10:20 PM
    Unless you have a back up to restore to, the only way to get them back is the way you got them on there the first time.
    11-24-08 10:31 PM
    Everything was already on there when the verizon employee handed it over to me the first time....lol. However, I answered my own question right after. Once you download the desktop manager, there is an option to add/remove applications. I just opened to that and clicked everything I was missing and they were all back on there!
    11-26-08 03:33 AM
    if this happends again ... what happend is you reloaded an old OS just go to wireless update and it will bring it back to where it is supposed to be
    11-26-08 03:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD