Ive had my blackberry storm for 3 days now, and the past 2 days my phone has froze 2 times. It just gets stuck on whatever screen its on and i have to take my battery out. Whats wrong? Should I go to verizon and replace it, any help is appriciated.
    12-22-08 12:28 PM
    What software are you using?

Options >>> About

That screen will tell you the software you are using.
    12-22-08 12:29 PM
    4.7.0.75 i think. im very new to blackberrys. i got a mac too but i got a pc downstairs, can anyone help me maybe update it? its the 9530 also if it helps.
    12-22-08 12:34 PM
    Are you running the latest official firmware (.75)?

Edit: nevermind I guess you are. Its impossible to keep up with threads when you're posting from your BB lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by pat125; 12-22-08 at 12:36 PM.
    12-22-08 12:34 PM
    i believe so, it says 4.7.0.75 on my about screen. it runs fine just these 2 times it crashes. once while i was listening to music and another one randomly on the home screen.
    12-22-08 12:37 PM
    1-Make sure your closing your applications. Hold the BB button and see what apps are running and go to them and close them. There should be 5 that are always running, message, phone, browser, bb messanger, and home.

2-Backup the device and do a wipe using the security setting. Options > Security setting > General setting then hit the BB Button and hit "Wipe handheld"

3-Wipe the entire device and reload OS.
    12-22-08 12:43 PM
    1-Make sure your closing your applications. Hold the BB button and see what apps are running and go to them and close them. There should be 5 that are always running, message, phone, browser, bb messanger, and home.

2-Backup the device and do a wipe using the security setting. Options > Security setting > General setting then hit the BB Button and hit "Wipe handheld"

3-Wipe the entire device and reload OS.
    DO NOT wipe and try to install if you are not comfortabel with the device! things couls go wrong and you can end up with a bricked (unusable) phone and you will need to follow directins to recover your phone.

get to know your phone a bit more. you are already running the latest official OS. if you keep having the issue then call VZW and have them exchange it for you.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 01-10-09 at 10:42 AM.
    12-22-08 12:47 PM
    can you explain to me how to back it up and how to wipe it? also how do i reload the OS?
    12-22-08 12:47 PM
    wow i had about 12 things running, i closed everything except those 5, but my applications center isnt closing. i do notice that its alot faster it has probabaly been like this for a while. thanks alot.
    12-22-08 12:54 PM
    anytime I get a freeze I make sure the software is uptodate then reboot.
    12-22-08 12:55 PM
    i got another quick question thats off the topic sorry, i have 7 voicemail messages, but i cant seem to get to the normal voicemail. i refuse to pay 3$ more a month lol my bills already at 95 so i need to save as much money as i can. how do i open voicemail?
    12-22-08 12:56 PM
    just simply dial your cell phone number from your cell phone, enter your password, and listen away....hitting 7 will delete the message
    12-22-08 01:04 PM
    thanks alot
    12-22-08 01:15 PM
    no problem....good luck!
    12-22-08 01:24 PM
    I've had my Storm since December 9 and for the last coupel of days I've had it freeze and reboot on me. Went to Verizon store today and I should have a replacement within 3 days.

Why is the Application Center always running?
    12-22-08 01:55 PM
    What is the BB button and how do I access it?
    01-10-09 10:40 AM
    What is the BB button and how do I access it?
    the BB button is the Menu button it has the 7 dots on it.
    01-10-09 10:43 AM
    Ok guys...my boyfriends storm has been freezing up on and off for about a week now. I've pulled the battery numerous times. That works for the moment. Backed up the device and wiped it.

Took it to the Verizon store and of course I had already done everthing they were going to do I've thought about the newest OS, but a little leary at this point.

This has been a great phone up till now. Not sure what has happened. He's pretty frustrated. I work on all the many blackberrys at my work place, but I have to admit this the most annoying thing I've seen so far.

Crackberry Queen
    01-10-09 11:09 AM
    I got mine on december 14th and I do a battery pull once every 3 or 4 days....

Is that normal??
    01-10-09 11:20 AM
    I would say NO. I'm on my third blackberry and can honestly say that pulling the battery that much is NOT Normal.

Anyone else????
    01-10-09 11:26 AM
    it is normal for the storm, it seems.

i've pulled my battery maybe 4 times in the 6 months that i've owned it.

i do soft resets once every 2 weeks for memory maintence or if i have an issue.

i have am 8330.

storm owners just need to bc they are having so many issues...
    01-10-09 11:31 AM
    Like I said....its not normal for blackberrys in general....
    01-10-09 12:10 PM
    I returned my Storm for this reason. A phone should not freeze up like that. I went back to my previous Pearl and am much happier with a stable phone.
    01-10-09 01:37 PM
    I returned my Storm for this reason. A phone should not freeze up like that. I went back to my previous Pearl and am much happier with a stable phone.
    I have to do a battery pull on average once per day after my phone freezes. I have until the 15th to decide if Im going to keep this fone... I cant decide if I should wait until the next OS update. Its sad; its so close to being great
    01-11-09 06:34 PM
    Same thing.. why is application center always running?
    04-21-09 12:10 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD