I've read a lot of posts about connecting the Storm to a car receiver's aux. input using the headphone jack.

What about connecting it digitallly / via USB for the best sound quality and playback control via the receiver itself?
    I know Pioneer makes iPod adapters that connect digitally to the iPod and I believe they also make a USB adapter as well.

Does anyone have experience in connecting a BB to a Pioneer (or any other) car receiver via USB?
    02-01-09 09:19 AM
    Not possible [yet]. Don't know if it will ever be possible. I don't believe the BB can be controlled from the USB, nor can it play video/audio from USB, nor can it receive commands to play via USB.

However, if you have a car that can recognize USB mass storage devices, then you should be able to manually load music/video from the Storm when mass storage mode is enabled.
    02-01-09 09:39 AM
    I'm content with the aux input right now. A nice surprise was in getting a phone call over my car stereo....in essence a hands-free connection for my phone! My jeep has no bluetooth so this was an extremely pleasant find. Sound is light years better than what my wife gets through bluetooth on her land cruiser. Yeah...there's a cable, but I can live with that.
    02-01-09 10:09 AM
    I'm content with the aux input right now. A nice surprise was in getting a phone call over my car stereo....in essence a hands-free connection for my phone! My jeep has no bluetooth so this was an extremely pleasant find. Sound is light years better than what my wife gets through bluetooth on her land cruiser. Yeah...there's a cable, but I can live with that.
    Sure, receiving calls through the stereo would be nice, but it sounds like a major PITA (not to mention very unsafe) to browse through a playlist.

This is pretty disappointing for me. I guess I should have done more research. I will look into the Pioneer USB adapter and see if it will work with the BB Storm. I believe the Pioneer adapter is just that - a way to connect to USB mass storage devices.

Here is the device (Pioneer CD UB100). Doesn't sound too promising based on the review, though.

Amazon.com: Pioneer CD-UB100 USB Adapter Cable: Electronics
    02-01-09 10:33 AM
    if the stereo supports bluetooth, that may work.
    02-01-09 10:52 AM
    I use a the new Jabra JBT700 BT FM transmitter for hands free calls and crystal clear music playback from my blackberry over the car speakers. Just an idea for those who don't have bluetooth already installed in their cars.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-09 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD