When I sync my Storm with my Outlook Calender it wants to delete my old calender items. I selected the option in the Storm to save items forever. It still wants to delete all my old appointments. I do not want these deleted because sometimes I need to go back and reference when I did something. It is also deleting them off of my outlook. Does anyone know how to stop this? Thank you.
    02-22-09 02:13 PM
    In your sync configuration menu in DM, it defaults to syncing only future appointments. Try resetting this to sync all and see if that solves the issue.
    02-22-09 02:42 PM
    same prob here. i have to reset the DM to sync all appointments everytime before i sync. if you do that everytime you'll have all your appoiuntments. i'm thinking its a prob on the computer side, not on the BB.
    02-22-09 02:51 PM
    Also check your outlook settings. Outlook may be trying to delete old appointments as well. You have to set Outlook to keep things forever as well. I had similar issue because I had my phone and my outlook set to two different settings (with synch all enabled)
    02-22-09 02:54 PM
    I have searched thru my outlook settings and do not see anywhere I can change the settings for how long it keeps appointments. Where would I find this?
    02-22-09 09:28 PM
    I have had the same problem from the start. I have tried everyting from resetting the sync settings on DM after wiping the BB, deleting the Intellisynch folder (both from from Verizon Tech Supoort), and multiple other fixes I found posted on this forum & the blackberry support forum. Verizon at this point is going to send me up a level of support and I'm waiting on that. I have all the proper setting entered into the device (keeps forever) and the DM. In the interim I came up with 2 workarounds:

1. Set your Outlook settings to archive appointments older than X days. I set mine to do so > 5 days. My BB was deleting appointments > about 2 weeks old. This save my old appointments in the archived calender before the device woulod delete.

2. Another workaround which I have just started in the last week is to use the google calender wireless sync. I sync outlook 2 ways with my gmail calander & the device 2 ways with the gmail calander. So far works like a charm & I get the bonus of having the calader wirelessly sych. I still use the DM to sync contacts, tasks & notes. Down side is it lets you only sync forward 24 weeks.

I feel the problem is a device / DM interface issue as when the confirm delete comes up on the DM it shows the delete originating from the device. When I decline this the calander on my device has deleted the old appointments but they were salvaged on my PC.

I run Vista, Outlook 2003, storm 9530. DM 4.7. Using .109, however this problem was consistant with .75 & .103.

I will update this post on my most recent workaround as well as any further suggestions tech support suggests.
    03-17-09 10:22 AM
    I was having major problems with this also. I was clicking "re-sync" to avoid deleting the older stuff. However, I just discovered this - got the idea from reading the other posts. Go into your calendar on your BB, click the BB menu button, click on options, then general options, then down to keep apts - change to "forever". Hoping this helps!
    03-17-09 10:03 PM
    problem with google sync ( and my config) is that it presents double entries on my bb calendar. so I ditched it, I have my sync prefs set to outlook wins and it does exactly what outlook does ( do not delete old) it is set in tools, options, calendar in outlook
    03-17-09 10:15 PM
    Thanks for your responses. Maeanne40: I have had the BB set to keep appointments forever from the start. DM set as 2 way sync to transfer all scheduled appointments. Additionally, I wiped the BB, reset the sync configuration and deleted the intellisync folders so as to start from scratch.

paulkalman: I also had the double entries on my BB (NOT on Outlook or Google Calender) after setting up the google sync. What I did to eliminate this (found the solution on google sync help) was to open Google Sync on the BB, go to options then use BB key to bring up option to Reset Calander Sync. This wipes all appointments from the BB (but does NOT effect your google calendar or Outlook. Now you will resync and the appointments on your BB should appear correct. Google sync has thus far been the best & most functional solution other than the drawback of only going 24 weeks forward I previously mentioned. I will wait at least 2 weeks before really singing the praises of this solution to allow the BB a chance to start deleting appointments again. I actually prefer this method over the tethered method and hope in time I can apply this to tasks & notes to have a truly wireless sync interface.

I will update this string, this has been the only frustration of significance I've had with my Storm.
    03-18-09 08:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD