Hello ^_^

I own a unlocked BB Storm 9530 and lately i`m some problems with it. The phone was bought off of Verizon US but i`m curently using it on Vodafone Romania ... my problem is that for some reason lately i can dial specific Vodafone service numbers (for example *123# a number used here in RO for getting information on your existing phone credit) anyone have any ideea why ? I must admit that i`m 90% sure that i`m the one to blame .. for tampering with the phone's settings but .. now .. i can't get it to work again and to be honest i`m not sure even what is causing this problem. I tried varied things like soft / hard phone reset, wiping the phone (using inphone tool) changing the phones OS .. i just can't figure out what wrong with it.

Not sure how many Romanian BB owners are around here ... but does anyone have any clue as to what in the name of baby jesus is causing this ? been wratling my brain for the last 4 days trying to get this to work.
    07-15-11 06:11 AM
    I don't know the answer but, have you made a try to call your carrier and ask them?
    07-16-11 01:21 AM
    This is not a response but a cry for help as well. I also bought and unlocked Verizon Blackberry Storm 9530 smartphone to use in South Africa. I can make and receive calls using a South African Carrier (MTN South AFrica). However, I have a problem using the BIS seervice. I have tried setting emails and internet but just failing. My carrier (MTN) has tried helping me but have had no joy. I bought this phone via ebay and have have tried calling VerizonWireless and they refused to give me a lock code. They want an original buyer to call them with the original number of the phone contract. I am now tied and do not know what else to do. Can anyone assist me, I would really like to use the BIS on my phone after all that is what I bought if for not just to make and receive calls but also to use its full functionalities including BIS. Thanks for your help
    11-07-11 06:28 AM
    Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm having the same problem
    03-17-13 05:49 AM
    I hAVE THE SAME PROBLEM TOO.I wish someone could help us all with a permanent solution.
    04-26-13 07:54 AM
    Hi,
    My problem is that with the Storm, I can make and receive calls, but I cannot access services that require * or # in the number.
    I can't even load airtime because my carrier's number is *100*...............#.

Any help out there???
    02-16-14 11:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD