I am so amazed!!! Today I recieved my T-mobile Sim card to my new work line. I already had service on a plan with my parents with Verizon so I wanted to unlock my storm to be able to use with T-mobile also. I unlocked the phone with no problem and now I have my tmobile sim card in the phone and can SWITCH TO USE EITHER MY VERIZON CONNECTION OR MY TMOBILE CONNECTION just by changing network selection. I am amazed that my phone has this capability. However, it does make me wonder why don't manufacturers and developers stop producing products that are geared toward one service provider. Why not produce all unlocked phones start selling seperate and allow the buyer to purchase a device, take it home and activate it on their existing service. I think these would allow service providers to cut rate plans to an ALL-IN-ONE flat rate plan because they would not have to make up for selling phones for discounts. All Features would be available, it would depend on the device in use to determine feature/service capabilities.

Let me know your thoughts on any of all topics dicussed
    04-01-10 04:15 AM
    Money money money contracts and more money...what consumers want is obsolete

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-10 09:21 AM
    is there a way of using the tmobile mms and the verizon voice and data at the same time?
    04-15-10 11:09 AM
    is there a way of using the tmobile mms and the verizon voice and data at the same time?
    No, you have to use either tmobile OR verizon. You can't combine both.
    04-15-10 11:18 AM
    ok then could i use tmobile's edge apn while on the tmobile side then switch to verizon and use the verizon apn? i looked under the settings and it only has a place for one entry. sorry if im hijacking this thread...
    04-15-10 12:16 PM
    ok then could i use tmobile's edge apn while on the tmobile side then switch to verizon and use the verizon apn? i looked under the settings and it only has a place for one entry. sorry if im hijacking this thread...
    If you're using Verizon, you would have Verizon's service books and get speeds up to Verizon's 1XEV (3G speed) service. If you use T-Mobile, you would have to go through at least some of http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...rm-95xx-106023 every time you had an issue and up to EDGE speeds. If I were you, I'd stick to the ONE of the two that gives you the best service. Service books and everything else can't be combined to give you the service (or price) that you want. And I forgot, you'd have to change your BIS around too. Seems like a hassle to me.
    Last edited by cdowner; 04-15-10 at 02:56 PM.
    04-15-10 02:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD