My Father's blackberry had been working perfectly, with the latest OS given by our provider, this morning he came into my room and told me his blackberry's screen turned black while using it, and after that every time it would start up not even the logo appeared, only the screen would have a dim light, barely visible, the red light would flash for a while and then only the buttons at the bottom where lit up, as if it were stuck before it's logo would appear.

Then I tried reloading it's OS, and when it was going to reconnect to JVM this message appeared; "application loader was unable to connect with your device. Please re-connect your device, enter your password, if required, and click Retry."

Then while passing over many threads, I found one about the "JL_Cmder", I installed the JL_Cmder, and every time I try to "wipe" the blackberry, notthing happens.

Please, any help will be appreciated, and i really don't know if this is the right place to post this message; i Just joined, sorry :P
    03-29-11 11:16 PM
    This may be a long shot, but you can try to start in safe mode in case a third party app is acting up. Take out the battery and put it back in, when the led starts, press and hold the escape button UNTIL phone boots (if it will).

You can also try to wipe the phone using BBSAK. BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife

Will Desktop Manager not recognize the phone?
    03-30-11 07:50 AM
    Gregs - this is my problem too.

I've tried JL_Cmder, BBSAK & BlackBerry Master Control to wipe my phone or reset it. None of them recognize my phone's PIN. So I'm guessing it's not getting wiped.

Apploader does, but desktop manager doesn't.
    Sometimes the software manager finds my phone but I can't do anything with it.

I'm trying apploader within desktop manager now and it's making the "connect/disconnect" sound... It just finished "searching for available software" and gave me the "device application selection" screen. I selected applications and clicked next.

it's at "load jvm and sys. software" (i put my battery in because it gave the "couldn't connect" dialogue box)
    now, erasing applications
    now, loading system software (there are no lights on - no screen on the phone)
    *completed

now, waiting for device initialization (red light is on)
    progress bar full

reconnecting to JVM
    red light went off, now back on, now off, and the clock screen is up- buttons are lit up.

still "reconnecting to JVM"
    progress bar full & restarted back to empty
    (still clock screen on my phone & lit buttons)
    progress bar is full now
    and it's giving me the "connection prompt" dialogue screen that I always get with AppLoader - "Application Loader was unable to connect with your device. Please reconnect your device, enter the password, if required, and click Retry."

I took my battery out, and clicked retry.
    reconnecting to JVM (red light on)
    "Application Loader was unable"
    (it's making the connect/disconnect sound)
    Solid red light is on.

Each time i push retry the progress bar goes faster to the end and tells me it can't connect.

i put my battery in and push retry, it says it again (red light on)

I push retry when the red light goes off, it goes slower to the end, the screen with the clock comes up and it tells me it can't connect still.

i've tried it connected with the USB and a few times just on my docking station for the Storm. Nothing seems to be able to connect but the phone seems to have life. I just can't force it to maintain the connection.
    04-01-11 06:55 PM
    Wipe from device. Options security. Security wipe. Check all boxes. Wipe. If unlocked phone. Make sure you wipe the vendor file before you reload the os.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-11 08:25 PM
    I mean delete the vendor file.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-11 08:26 PM
    IF you have not yet resolved the issue you may want to try to delete all BB software from your computer, reboot and reload the software. Then try again to load the os to the phone.
    lscs likes this.
    04-01-11 10:33 PM
    thanks DJM1947, i will try that.

gregs87 - i can't get the phone to turn on at all, so I can' do a wipe from the device. that's my big frustration.

it gets stuck when the clock shows up. won't start in safe mode, nothing. can't seem to get around that and force it to boot up.
    Last edited by lscs; 04-01-11 at 10:52 PM.
    04-01-11 10:43 PM
    are there 2 desktop manager programs? one that has a blue BB icon (version 5.0 - does that mean it's for the 5.0 OS?) and one that has a black BB icon (version 6.0 - and is that the 6.0 OS?)

I wonder if that explains why the blue one (5.0) would find my PIN and the black one (6.0) wouldn't???
    04-01-11 10:56 PM
    i got mine to work!!! downgraded to the lowest OS available on DM and it's up and running! Thanks to all!!!
    04-02-11 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD