hello
    i'm having an issue with the blackberry screen, first the phone boots and displays everything normal, as soon as the screen dims and goes black, if i press anything on the phone, the screen stays black, the other buttons glow and so does the screen, but it doesn't display anything, then i've to do a battery pull so the phone can reebot, and sometimes when it reboots the phone is very, very slow, and it lags a lot, and it getting very anoying.
    i've tried a lot of battery pulls, wipe, reload os, other os, changing the screen and still the same.
    Is there anything i could do, or does somebody know whats causing this issue?
    Regards
    03-14-12 07:32 PM
    What apps do you have installed? One of them could be the culprit.
    03-14-12 09:27 PM
    What apps do you have installed? One of them could be the culprit.
    none, i deleted them all, i also can't install any other od anymore i don't know why, i've installed a lot of os in my pc, but at the time i want to load it to the blackberry, the apploader says that there is no os installed for that model, that's very weird, i've tried to force install the os into the bb without the battery and still no luck.
    03-15-12 05:28 PM
    I've had that happen from time to time. Make sure you've deleted both vendor files, and if you have try uninstallng your BlackBerry OS from the PC, rebooting, and reinstalling.
    03-15-12 07:38 PM
    i totally forgot about the vendor.xml file, duh, and i finally got the storm to work, it was the screen, i replaced it for a cracked one i have and it the problem dispeared, now i have to remove the digitizer from one screen and solder it to the other screen
    03-15-12 11:13 PM
    Ouch! Sounds like it's time to upgrade Have you looked at the new Torches?
    03-15-12 11:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD