Hey,

So I'm fairly new to blackberrys so I thought maybe someone out there could help. I've had my storm for about 10 months now with few issues other than the normal headaches. However, about 3 days ago it randomly decided to be slow with everything. Oh I've got a text message or an email, it sits there and thinks about it for a while before letting me open it. If someone calls me, it doesn't recognize it until the persons fourth ring and I miss the call. Everything I touch makes it think. I've done repeated battery pulls and this has not fixed the issue. Does anyone have any recommendation on how to fix the problem? I'm running the latest official Verizon release and its a Storm 9530.

Thanks for your time!
    10-09-09 08:42 AM
    Battery pull? Take out the battery while phone is on and leave it out for 20 seconds before puttin it back in..

Which OS are you running? You might want to upgrade...
    10-09-09 08:45 AM
    Well first off check your file free, you should have at least more then 12MB. Otherwise your BB will not be a happy camper. Also check this link out to free up some of your file free memory: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Thnx, �Tripster�

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-09 08:47 AM
    So my file free was at 0MB. I deleted a bunch of apps that I don't use, most of which came pre-installed, and we will see if that works. Thanks for the help!
    10-09-09 09:38 AM
    I definitely say that's why it was running slow.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-09 09:51 AM
    Also don't collect emails and text messages forever. I.E. if you have a bunch if txt msg's from the same person it will slow your BB down as well.
    10-09-09 10:19 AM
    So my file free was at 0MB. I deleted a bunch of apps that I don't use, most of which came pre-installed, and we will see if that works. Thanks for the help!

You don't have to delete a bunch of apps. What OS are you running?
    I bet that you're on .148, and that is a big memory leaker.
    10-09-09 12:05 PM
    like the two people said before me if your runnint os 148 than thats why your having these problems. you shold update to os 5.0.0.230 it ia the best one to have and has no problems.
    10-09-09 01:33 PM
    OS 4.7.0.151 is great at handling memory too.
    10-09-09 02:01 PM
    OS 4.7.0.151 is great at handling memory too.
    I agree. .151 was very good for me. If you are a noob, then you can install that or go to .230. 230 is awesome but has a few glitches, but not enough to keep me away

Give it a shot it's easy to upgrade/downgrade.
    10-09-09 03:03 PM
    I am glad I wasn't the only one new to blackberrys that didn't know about clearing out the memory. I had to take my Storm to a Verizon store to ask them why it was so damn slow. I was a little embarassed when they showed me all the apps that were running and how low the memory was. They closed out all the apps and showed me how to clear the memory. And described how to do a battery pull to reset it. (Now I use QuickPull to accomplish that automatically.) But, hey, if you don't know; you don't know. Now I know. And my Storm is running like a champ. (The new OS helped a lot also. LOL)
    10-10-09 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD