this happened once before other than it happening today
    my blackberry just randomly went into a blank white screen and with the small timer in the middle
    it appears that it was rebooting/restarting itself

this just happened without me doing anything...
    the blackberry was just on my lap or on the table
    it just did this right now and its done this twice today
    what could be the problem?....
    01-25-09 04:57 PM
    Which OS r u running on ur phone? This has happened intermittently with various OS's....mine has done this a couple of times running the leaked OS .90.
    01-25-09 05:10 PM
    how would i go on checking this? the OS?
    i just got this phone uhm the end of last month and havent dl'ed any new leaked software

is this is?
    v4.7.0.75 (platform 4.0.0.94)
    01-25-09 05:15 PM
    Mine too. Running .90. Noticed my Weather Bug app stopped showing the temp on the icon and figured out it was restarting.
    01-25-09 05:27 PM
    i dont know if maybe it got a virus or something...
    i mean i got music on the phone and i just put 2 music videos on there last night... maybe it could be that?
    01-25-09 05:31 PM
    anybody?....
    its really annoying me, just the thought that i could have a virus on the storm
    01-25-09 05:58 PM
    Virus, ha,

nah just little OS problems right now......
    01-25-09 05:59 PM
    is there another OS out there that can be downloaded or bought to eliminate the "restarting mode"
    01-25-09 06:06 PM
    happened to me a lot when i first got my phone. i spent over 3 hours of time with CS and ended up getting a replacement phone sent to me at no charge.
    01-25-09 06:23 PM
    No Virus... the Phone is not "solid" yet.. i get random reboots too.. Just have to stick it out at this point.
    01-25-09 06:25 PM
    lol oh geez thanks for the information cause i seriously thought it was a virus cause i know BB's are like computers
    but ugh that sucks cause i didnt have any problems with it till just recently i mean yeah i just got the phone a good month ago but everything was fine and now its like messing up
    01-25-09 06:31 PM
    Me too. On .75. Started 3 weeks after got phone. Get one a day. Buzzare and annoying. Why after 3 weeks?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-09 06:44 PM
    List which 3rd party apps you have on the phone. Try deleting the Facebook app if you have it. I would recommend removing ALL your 3rd party apps and then seeing how your phone does....then try reloading them one by one. if that still doesn't help, search about wiping and then reloading your OS...this time don't restore any of your old stuff except for your Address book and the BB IM...see if any of those steps help you..
    01-25-09 07:07 PM
    My phone once froze up completely and had a static screen on it and I couldn't do anything. About 5 minutes later the phone rebooted and fixed itself. Maybe it's a self-repair method or something?
    01-25-09 08:09 PM
    Some of the Third Party apps we are all running are the likely culprits. They don't follow all of RIM's coding rules. Be patient. All will be well soon !

Doctor Neutron
    01-25-09 08:24 PM
    My phone has done this a lot lately. Seems like its getting worse. It will just reboot on me; usually when I'm typing a message in the Blackberry Messenger. Really annoying!
    01-25-09 08:26 PM
    mine does the exact same things. It's totally stock, the only thing I've installed is googlemaps and it was doing it before that. I think it probably is an OS thing.
    01-25-09 08:58 PM
    Mine started doing it earlier this week...it now happens once a day...I've also had mine for that dreaded 3 week mark

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-09 09:09 PM
    Mine started doing this when i started doing this after i tried upgrading it. i have a mac and couldn't update the OS so then i tried on my friends comp. also, it restarts whenever it wants to, but also when i try to take any pictures of any other app, like its using too much memory or something. HELP!
    11-27-09 06:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD