Do you like using bb maps or google maps? I like bb maps because I can access my contacts and it seems like I have more options in bb maps than in google maps. Maybe I'm just not using google maps properly but bb maps seems to offer more functionality.

Why do you use google maps over bb maps?
    08-05-09 02:06 PM
    I use BB maps its not my preference but I still use it, in my opinion google maps is alot better but the only reason I dont use it is because Im in canada and I cannot get my exact location only about 3100 meters from it., there working on fixing it though. And the reason I like google maps is because you can get the map, satellite, and hybrid views.
    Last edited by CB.Mike-D; 08-05-09 at 02:17 PM.
    08-05-09 02:11 PM
    I like Google Maps for Traffic and searching. Whenever we are traveling and need to stop and eat, I just do a search for "Brewery" and follow the directions.

Google's maps are more aesthetically pleasing, IMO. BB Maps looks like an Atlas painted by children while GMaps seems to be based on actual photos.

Directions in GMap also incorporate traffic info.
    08-05-09 02:15 PM
    Is BB Maps free? How do I get it? I've been using Google Maps.
    08-05-09 02:20 PM
    I prefer Google Maps ... the GPS positioning is spot-on, and it's what I'm used to looking at on the computer anyway so it's a more familiar interface to me than BB.
    08-05-09 02:21 PM
    I'm in the process of deciding which gps/nav program I'm going to stick with right now. I just recently canceled VZ Navigator. I loved VZ Navigator but could not justify the $10/month price tag. If I had to use it on a daily basis I would go back.

Getting back to the original topic. It is looking like I will be using a combination of both BB Maps for navigation and directions as well as either google maps and/or Live Search for the local search weather options. I did give Life In Your Pocket a try but it doesn't have real time moving maps included. The voice turn by turn directions were nice however.
    08-05-09 04:14 PM
    I've only used BB Maps and I think its awesome. When u start navigation its really accurate and loads pretty flawless for me. It also tells you the speed you are traveling at, which I found pretty cool.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 04:27 PM
    Is blackberry maps not available on 8900 from ATT?
    08-05-09 04:34 PM
    BB maps seem to take longer to locate my position so i always use google
    08-05-09 07:42 PM
    I had always used Google maps but recently started playing with BLACKBERRY maps.

Blackberry maps want bad but I liked Google better. And I use the transit search on google for subway nav and that alone is reason enough for me to stick with google.

08-05-09 08:23 PM
    I like google maps a lot better. Familiarity I guess
    08-05-09 08:26 PM
    i prefer google maps all though i do not like the search features
    08-05-09 08:56 PM
    google is better
    08-05-09 09:14 PM
    google maps for me too...
    08-05-09 09:26 PM
    google maps...BB maps lags
    08-05-09 10:05 PM
    Imho google maps better. The interface is nicer and easier to use and it is quicker. I use google maps all the time. I think bb maps could be amazing if rim would redo the interface and update the visuals.

08-05-09 10:26 PM
    I use bb maps just because im anti google. It's everywhere! like Lil John in 2004.
    08-05-09 10:40 PM
    I mainly use google maps when I'm looking for something I can't find in BB maps.
    08-06-09 12:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD