So I was trying to clean up my phone and was deleting unused apps. I decided to delete Blackberry Maps becasue I never use it. Little did I realize that you must have it in order for Weatherbug to operate. I must have Weatherbug. I tried the OTA download for BB Maps on the Blackberry page but it stated that my phone was not compatible. It states that you have to have OS version 4.1 or 4.2. Obviously we are on 4.7X. I have done searches here on CB and find that others have had the problem but never found a fix. Can anyone help me? Thanks.
    04-24-09 09:19 AM
    You'll need to install it via Desktop Manager. OTA doesn't work, as you've found out.
    04-24-09 09:21 AM
    I tried using desktop manager for this, and I haven't gotten it to work yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 09:58 AM
    How do I get it into the desktop manager? Where do I find it? I am very familiar with installing apps from desktop manager but it isn't on the list of available apps. Can someone point me to where I can find the download file? Thanks
    04-24-09 12:13 PM
    How do I get it into the desktop manager? Where do I find it? I am very familiar with installing apps from desktop manager but it isn't on the list of available apps. Can someone point me to where I can find the download file? Thanks
    I think you need to have the OS installed on your desktop. For example I went to vzam.net/blackberry and downloaded the official .75 and can update all the core applications when I run an update. Im not sure if that is the case with a leaked os but I would assume it is. hope that helps
    04-24-09 12:19 PM
    You have to reinstall the OS thru the loader when the page comes up with all the apps click bbmaps to be reinstalled. its the only way. If you have never used the loader hers a quick how to.
    start> computer> c drive> Program files> Common files> Research in Motion> App Loader> loader then follow the directions. It's the only way to get it back and it will take a while. Make sure you let it do a backup and restore of your apps.
    04-24-09 12:19 PM
    And I'm not sure but i dont think you can just install bbmaps thru the loader
    04-24-09 12:22 PM
    You have to reinstall the OS thru the loader when the page comes up with all the apps click bbmaps to be reinstalled. its the only way. If you have never used the loader hers a quick how to.
    start> computer> c drive> Program files> Common files> Research in Motion> App Loader> loader then follow the directions. It's the only way to get it back and it will take a while. Make sure you let it do a backup and restore of your apps.
    +1

You have to re-install the OS your using. I did the same thing with my BB maps and got the same weatherbug result

DL the OS you wish to install on your phone on your desktop, install it on your PC, plug in BB, open DM, when prompted to install OS do the custom install and make sure BB maps is checked off along with everything else you want on your phone... good luck.
    04-24-09 12:37 PM
    When I pull the desktop manager and plug in my phone I then hit Application Loader. I then hit start under the Add/Remove Applicatins area. When I do this it only lists applications that are already on my phone. I guess the question is how do I get the Blackberry Maps to show up on the list of applications? I just need to find the file somewhere and load it on my computer. Any ideas where to find it?
    04-24-09 12:38 PM
    I just saw this. Sounds like this might be my only way. What a pain in the ***!
    04-24-09 12:40 PM
    Will loading .75 onto a storm running .75 lose any data?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 01:04 PM
    For those that search this problem in the future, here is the fix. I was never able to find the fix in my earlier searches. Special thanks to Bison 77 for pointing me in the right direction.
    1) Please note that their is not an OTA downloand or a desktop download for the Blackberry Maps Application. At least not for the Storm at this time.
    2) The only way to fix this problem is to totally reinstall the OS on to your phone. I was on .75 and decided to take the opportunity to upgrade to .132.
    3) When you upgrade the OS the only thing special you have to do is check the box marked Blackberry Maps. This is done in advanced options in the desktop manager software.
    4) If you are faced with need to upgrade your OS then search for the directions here on CB. They are step by step and are right on. Worked Perfectly.

Thanks and good luck to anyone else that has this problem.
    04-24-09 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD