I have the Storm from verizon and I recently deleted blackberry maps both from my phone and from the manager. I have tried everything to resurrect this application without success. I tried directly downloading to my computer from blackberry but i get "unsupported device" error. I tried the same from the phones browser with the same result. Then I tried to restore from a phone backup without success. Finally I updated the download manager and reinstalled it with no change in overall applications...especially no blackberry maps. How can i get blackberry maps back on the phone? I think I should mention that i am running the .86 OS. Is the .86 OS unrecognized and that is why i get the unsupported device error? Any ideas?

Kudos! Thanks!
    01-20-09 09:19 AM
    Just plug your phone into your computer. Then go into DM, application loader and click add/update. Then check off bb maps and click next to update your phone. If it's not in there, uninstall and reinstall .86 update with DM closed. Then start from the beginning.
    01-20-09 09:24 AM
    I actually deleted it from the DM (highlighted it and removed it....so it no longer shows up in the application list on the DM). Thanks...I will give this a try.
    01-20-09 09:29 AM
    Or go here: (not enough posts to post links so remove spaces)

www . blackberry . com / devicesoftware / entry . do ? code = maps

and save yourself the trouble of reinstalling your OS....
    01-20-09 09:38 AM
    OK..reloaded .86 with no luck. As for visiting blackberry maps online I have tried that several times before posting and get the unsupported device error stated before. I may need to wipe and reinstall. Back to the forums for that procedure. If anyone else has any ideas...please shout them out!
    01-20-09 09:56 AM
    PS....with the unsupported device error it annd the explanation "Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry Maps."
    01-20-09 09:57 AM
    I've got the exact same issue. Trying to reinstall for use by Weatherbug, and I can't seem to get it loaded.

Bump for an answer.
    01-21-09 06:06 PM
    Same here, just got my storm brand new today and it says the BB maps is loaded but I cannot find the icon/app at all!! I go to Blackberrys website Im getting same error!!
    01-30-09 07:11 AM
    Or go here: (not enough posts to post links so remove spaces)

www . blackberry . com / devicesoftware / entry . do ? code = maps

and save yourself the trouble of reinstalling your OS....
    Probably a newbie question but when I go to this link it says "BB Maps is only available on devices running device software v4.1 or v4.2x. "

I have a storm and I'm on v4.7 can I still DL this? or do I need a newer version of BB Maps?
    01-30-09 08:49 AM
    You cannot download BB Maps from the website (blackberry.com/maps), that's for the older BlackBerries.

What you'll need to do is, if not in your computer anymore, redownload .86 (or whatever OS). Don't use the Desktop Manager. Instead, go to C>Program Files>CommonFiles>Research In Motion>App Loader>Loader. From there, you'll have the option to download just BBMaps and whatever else you want to download. I did this the other day when I decided to get BB Maps back.
    01-30-09 09:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD