ok i just bought a blackberry storm off craigslist I was a little nervous because of the cheap price, but I took it to verizon today and its now my phone so it was blacklisted or anything .....im just wondering now if this phone was stolen or a unpaid account can it still be blacklisted in my name.

Thanks

Jim
    08-28-09 10:50 PM
    ok i just bought a blackberry storm off craigslist I was a little nervous because of the cheap price, but I took it to verizon today and its now my phone so it was blacklisted or anything .....im just wondering now if this phone was stolen or a unpaid account can it still be blacklisted in my name.

Thanks

Jim
    If they cleared the PIN for you and activated the phone no. Only you can screw it up now.
    08-28-09 10:56 PM
    hah thanks
    08-29-09 06:56 PM

Thanks

Jim
    When you were thinking of what to type for this post, was it all one sentense in your head? I have a headache now just trying to figure out what you were trying to say.

And...was it blacklisted or not?
    08-29-09 07:44 PM
    Im sorry, I normally dont type this bad lol. I was using my new blackberry and Im having a hard time with it. I think im getting better.

What I was trying to say was i got this phone and activated it. However I was worried that the phone was stolen since I got it cheap on craigslist. If the phone was stolen or a unpaid account can it still be blacklisted even though its activated in my name.
    08-29-09 11:02 PM
    Im sorry, I normally dont type this bad lol. I was using my new blackberry and Im having a hard time with it. I think im getting better.

What I was trying to say was i got this phone and activated it. However I was worried that the phone was stolen since I got it cheap on craigslist. If the phone was stolen or a unpaid account can it still be blacklisted even though its activated in my name.
    sure it could be blacklisted if the peson decided to report it stolen after you activated on your account. Ive known a couple people that had that happen to them.
    08-30-09 12:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD