I got the leather puch/holster and it doesn't seem to have any issues at all....I fel all over inside and there is nothing in there that could rip a key off....it's completely smooth feeling....
    11-22-08 01:50 PM
    no pouches came with the storm right? i wonder why they did that..
    11-22-08 01:53 PM
    I got the leather puch/holster and it doesn't seem to have any issues at all....I fel all over inside and there is nothing in there that could rip a key off....it's completely smooth feeling....
    Here is a picture of the one that I got, and YES it is the one that bent back my End key. The Verizon rep is the one that screwed it up when she jammed my new storm in this holster so I don't know whether to blame her or the case design. Either way it shouldn't have happened.

So is this the case that is supposedly recalled???
    11-23-08 02:50 PM
    Anything wrong with a plain jane plastic holster like this?

for BLACKBERRY STORM 9530 VERIZON OEM HOLSTER BELT CLIP - eBay (item 350133055003 end time Dec-01-08 17:34:12 PST)

It says that's OEM verizon but I don't see this magnet that everyone is talking about if it is truly genuine Vzw.
    12-05-08 05:45 PM
    Anything wrong with a plain jane plastic holster like this?

for BLACKBERRY STORM 9530 VERIZON OEM HOLSTER BELT CLIP - eBay (item 350133055003 end time Dec-01-08 17:34:12 PST)

It says that's OEM verizon but I don't see this magnet that everyone is talking about if it is truly genuine Vzw.
    That one's fine. You won't see the magnet as it is housed between the plastic. It serves as a sleeper function for the phone which saves on battery life. I won't use any holder or case that DOESN'T have a sleeper function built in.
    12-05-08 06:01 PM
    That one's fine. You won't see the magnet as it is housed between the plastic. It serves as a sleeper function for the phone which saves on battery life. I won't use any holder or case that DOESN'T have a sleeper function built in.
    thanks for the reply.

i think i'll have to try a holster in person to check out this magnet in action. this one doesn't make the phone sleep but i don't mind for now.
    12-05-08 06:08 PM
    So what holster is recalled and is there a link? Some times these threads get so confusing
    12-05-08 06:21 PM
    The leather one with the magnetic flap and the swivel clip still appears on VZW's website, and they sold one to me at our local store, so if that is the one they recalled, they're doing a horrible job of it.
    12-05-08 06:27 PM
    the Plastic Clip Was Recalled - Not The Leather
    12-05-08 06:28 PM
    Be careful with the leather pouch. Mine almost ripped the end key off already...
    Everyone should also be careful with the RIM official leather holster. It actually ripped off my "END" key. I had to send my phone back and the replacement I received has the screen pressing issues as well as other software issues (Mexico build, picked up on launch day).
    12-05-08 09:06 PM
    I am using plastic holster. This morning price of it was $100K in the system. Rep got my card info and was going to charge once price becomes available. I wonder its because of this recall price was not available ??? I will call him in the morning to confirm.
    i saw that at verizon in Rochester NY. They said the sku had it priced at 100,000 dollars for case LOL
    12-05-08 09:10 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD