I am currently using Google's GMail application for my mail. I am wondering if it is work using Blackberry's. I am concerned about issues with syncing and whatnot.

Anyone have a word on this?
    11-21-08 07:20 PM
    BB email app works fine with gmail pop3 on my storm.
    On my curve, I used to get emails faster through the BB email than the Gmail Icon.
    11-21-08 07:26 PM
    use gmail all the time on my 8830 and yes faster than gmail.
    11-21-08 07:37 PM
    Are there any advantages or disadvantages to using the gmail app? Is it better to use the blackberry email to fetch gmail? Does one drain the battery more?

thanks for any info
    11-22-08 08:05 AM
    IIRC, the gmail app checks every 15 minutes and syncs with your gmail account. Last time I had my gmail pushed to my BB, it would never reconcile properly.
    11-22-08 08:09 AM
    Has anyone setup their gmail account using imap with their bb? If so how well does it work and how easy was setup?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 08:26 AM
    My brother has had his set up with GMail IMAP for years and loves it. It works great for him.
    11-22-08 08:28 AM
    Is there a way to set my e-mail on the phone to reconcile periodically with my Gmail account?
    11-22-08 09:02 AM
    I have my GMail set to IMAP, and here are my observations....

The GMail app keeps my mail perfectly in sync between my phone and my computers running outlook. However, the GMail app takes much longer to notify you of new mail. Most importantly, it's not as integrated into the blackberry as the regular e-mail accounts (i.e, can't send e-mail through gmail based on contacts in your phone, have to use the contacts you have stored in gmail).

If i load up my GMail account in the blackberry the normal way, it syncs correctly 90% of the time. If i delete an email from my phone, it'll delete it off the server. If i send a message from my phone, it'll be in my sent items folder in Outlook. The only issue is if delete an e-mail from Outlook, it wouldn't update that change on my phone, even if I reconcile. It's not really a big deal.
    11-22-08 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD