When I purchased my storm, I thought I had made the best decision, but now, I think differently. I have to take the battery out twice a day, it hangs almost all the time, it crashes at least once a week and the system is so slow to load applications. The ipod and itouch dont have battery pulls, how is this divice better? what makes it better? it is actually just as similar to a windows operating system.....
    03-12-09 04:08 PM
    When I purchased my storm, I thought I had made the best decision, but now, I think differently. I have to take the battery out twice a day, it hangs almost all the time, it crashes at least once a week and the system is so slow to load applications. The ipod and itouch dont have battery pulls, how is this divice better? what makes it better? it is actually just as similar to a windows operating system.....
    First off you can't pull the batteries on either of those devices I have heard from all my buddies that use Iphones that they to Freeze! Imagine that a computer freezing. I mean it is part of owning a "Smart Phone" As for "taking battery out twice a day" I rarely have to reboot my phone maybe once a week or if I want some extra speed. My phone rarely "hangs" I actually have been satisfied with my phone. Of course owning several bb, palms I went into this phone expecting problems! But it has worked beyond my expectations. If you have to reboot your phone maybe try a leaked OS? Or just return it and get another phone that preforms better for you. That what I would do if I was unsatisfied with it.

Good luck!
    03-12-09 04:13 PM
    What Firmware are you running? That could have a lot to do with you locking up or sluggishness.
    03-12-09 04:17 PM
    My guess is that you are using the red button to exit programs and apps, which it doesn't do, just pushes them to the background

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 04:21 PM
    I'm positive I made a fantastic decision, but what will make my decision even better is if RIM actually takes advantage of the MSM 7600 CPU's graphics capability.
    03-12-09 04:23 PM
    What Firmware are you running? That could have a lot to do with you locking up or sluggishness.
    I am waiting for the new release to come out. I don't want to load another release to make it worst if it is not finished. By the way I also placed a piece of folded paper behind the battery to make the corners click....
    03-12-09 04:31 PM
    I feel the storm is a mixed bag

Was it all it should have been ? no

are people handing them back and going back to tradditional blackberrys or iphones? many are

Did it promote blackberry as a mainstream phone? Unsure I think the storm certianly got more people interested in blackberrys, the downside is by releasing an unfinished product it may have put some off blackberrys for good

I feel the storm was a marketing error in blackberry that will be rectified with the niagra..they are no good at touch screens ..leave them be and concentrate on what you are good at
    03-12-09 04:34 PM
    I feel the storm is a mixed bag

Was it all it should have been ? no

are people handing them back and going back to tradditional blackberrys or iphones? many are

Did it promote blackberry as a mainstream phone? Unsure I think the storm certianly got more people interested in blackberrys, the downside is by releasing an unfinished product it may have put some off blackberrys for good

I feel the storm was a marketing error in blackberry that will be rectified with the niagra..they are no good at touch screens ..leave them be and concentrate on what you are good at
    you are correct on your words. Sometime I try to go to widescreen mode and the phone locks or it does not detect that I have turned it...
    Well thats how technology is, I guess nothing is perfect, but also should not be so crapy.
    03-12-09 04:42 PM
    Its not crappy to me sorry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 04:45 PM
    To answer your general question... In my case: Yes. But I wasn't expecting too much. I wanted a big screen (check), email on the go for those times when I forget to print something out or need to look something up/confirm something (check), and the ability to use programs like Google Maps (check). Basically, something similar to my LG Dare, only better, and the Storm delivered that in spades.
    03-12-09 05:07 PM
    I,Personally, could not be happier with this device. It's done everything I've expected of it and more. And what's exciting to me, is that the potential of the Storm, imho, is off the chart. Is it perfect?, of course not. Neither is my car, but it carries me where I need to go. I recently upgraded to .109, and I'm even a bigger fan, now.

Can't think of too much to complain about.
    03-12-09 05:34 PM
    You upgraded to .109, how, mm I am missing something. is the release out for the 9530?
    03-12-09 05:40 PM
    .109 is a leaked unoffical OS. they're fine, but different people have different experiences based on apps, regular device maintenance, and unrealistic expectations. i'd say try the betas if you're looking for some speed and wanna try something new. you can always go back. just like anything else in life, there is always another option.
    03-12-09 06:12 PM
    Switch to the Curve 8900, and you won't be dissappointed :]
    03-12-09 06:13 PM
    Switch to the Curve 8900, and you won't be dissappointed :]
    Except for you won't be using the touchscreen, and that's obviously what you wanted since you bought a Storm.
    03-12-09 06:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD